Chant at high school basketball game stirs controversy

Syco21

14 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about this controversy?

• I don't care
    • It was NOT racist
    • It was racist
    • I'm unsure and want more information

Sounds legit, except Fuentes was one of the three instigators.

SAISD already made its decision, a week ago. That decision was made using far more evidence than is available to any of us. Stop trying to second-guess it.

Hahaha, did that sound like I was guessing anything ... Hello, ding dong ... READING my post would solve your grammar error.

Why do we have people from freaking Johannesburg making a fuss over our teenagers' right to watch adolescent ball-handling ceremonies?

Wrong city ... btw, I don't know, why do we ? ... I suppose it must be the same reason we have someone from wherever you are interested in people from "Johannesburg"

posting on a topic about teenagers right to watch adolescent ball-handling ceremonies ... :tongue:

And btw, the right of American teenagers to watch what they want is exactly that ... their right ... they can watch what they want and when they want ... but "watching" is not what we're

talking about in this thread is it ? ... you do realise that don't you ........yes ... no ... want to call a friend ... perhaps read the topic again ?

Is there really so little going on in the world that we should devote attention to this?

Why not, I think that Syco21 made an excellent choice in a topic ... racism is a very real issue in the world and if an event whether real or perceived takes place in the land

of the free then it's going to be news.

Rights and freedoms are a major issue in the world today, ... if you didn't think so then why do you post on those topics yourself :facepalm:

If the nation that is leading the charge for freedom in the world is going to censure their own people when it comes to freedom of expression or for being patriotic that's news

no matter where you come from ... can't you see that ... answer: NO.

Even if it was all about Aunty Marjories Knitting contest I'd have something to say if I wanted to ... FREEDOM OF SPEECH ... I see that even you like it ...

Lastly, if the subject isn't interesting then don't partake no one is forcing you to and stay out of the kitchen if it's hot ...

No, this is lastly ... LOL, I had no idea you were so interested in me ... clearly it's only one sided ...

Edited by Nintii

Okay, then I'm calling it. Today, March 10, is an International Day of Remembrance in honor of three teenage race-baiters who were not allowed to attend one adolescent ball-handling ceremony on the 8th.

You say this isn't about the ball-handling ceremony; it's about big issues – what issues? Freedom of speech clearly doesn't apply here. If a group of people were on federal land, shouting "USA! USA! Arizona! Arizona!" at a group of Hispanics, I wouldn't even be sure that's protected, since it isn't pure speech. But now this is a state, so it's filtered through the Fourteenth Amendment. And it's schoolchildren, so it's also filtered by Bethel v. Fraser: "the constitutional rights of students in public school are not automatically coextensive with the rights of adults in other settings." And it's a private sporting event, so the school should be allowed to deny tickets to anyone, for any reason. The TEA has the duty to educate all its students, not to entertain them.

Really, I post here because I think it's disgraceful people are making such a big deal of it. Without SAISD's evidence, all we can say for certain is this: At worst, the incident was race-baiting; and at best, it was nationalism. Since when did nationalism become such a virtue that we all jump to its defense?

Really, I post here because I think it's disgraceful people are making such a big deal of it. Without SAISD's evidence, all we can say for certain is this: At worst, the incident was race-baiting; and at best, it was nationalism. Since when did nationalism become such a virtue that we all jump to its defense?

Since when did Patriotism become offensive, except to the politically correct crowd.? Being old enough to remember a period in which Patriotism was not in vogue I find their enthusiasm refreshing, since they chant USA at ALL games not just the one cherry picked by the liberal media.

Edited by Aurielius

TIL if a school district offends conservative wingnuts, it becomes part of "the liberal media."

EDIT: Other members of "the liberal media," according to Aurelius – meter-maids, a bank teller that misprinted his checks, that one dog that won't stop yapping.

Enough of this bickering. -myrmaad.