animations while talking to an npc

cotgrove87

The "Edit Response" window , There is a field called "Idle Animations"

Having the flag checked "Use Emotion Animation" you can select one for the speaker and one for the listener if it applies ... as in using the conversation tab.

Not all of those work for everybody ... just certain ones for certain actors/creatures.

Can't say I remember seeing a salute animation though.

And in my experience with them , not sure why , but I haven't had reliable results. Sometimes they won't use them , sometimes they have done other animations ... and it appears they can get baked in so to speak after trying to change / remove them. IDK really ... so my advice would be to set up a tester .esp file ... to try out various animations. Then do your final work in the .esp you want to keep.

Also Toggle archive invalidation Off/On ... every time when changing those.

To mention another way ... seems you can use http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php?title=PlayIdle placed in either the Result Script (begin / end) of the Info response.

Edited by Mktavish

The "Edit Response" window , There is a field called "Idle Animations"

Having the flag checked "Use Emotion Animation" you can select one for the speaker and one for the listener if it applies ... as in using the conversation tab.

Not all of those work for everybody ... just certain ones for certain actors/creatures.

Can't say I remember seeing a salute animation though.

And in my experience with them , not sure why , but I haven't had reliable results. Sometimes they won't use them , sometimes they have done other animations ... and it appears they can get baked in so to speak after trying to change / remove them. IDK really ... so my advice would be to set up a tester .esp file ... to try out various animations. Then do your final work in the .esp you want to keep.

Also Toggle archive invalidation Off/On ... every time when changing those.

To mention another way ... seems you can use http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php?title=PlayIdle placed in either the Result Script (begin / end) of the Info response.

thanks