Return to Morrowind is open and recruiting

Transbot9

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/071/e/d/2593v_by_transbot9-d4sk2pf.png

Well, somehow I went from wanting to make a town just over the border to starting up a mod group for recreating Morrowind. Return to Morrowind is associated with Beyond Skyrim, and we're already kinda "suckering" project leaders of other Beyond Skyrim mod groups into helping instead of working on their own stuff. All in good fun!

SO! We're recruting.

Our Manifesto (although we may intentionally not have a main quest, so that might be removed shortly)

Right now, what we're looking at is starting with the Blacklight area and Blacklight itself. Yes, I know others are working on things, too. Sorry, we're probably going to be incompatable with anybody else working on or planning on working on the region.

What we're looking at doing:

- Faction Quests: a lot of the folks involved in Return to Morrowind so far are interested in faction quests akin to the house quests for TES3.

- Regionalization: Each region of Morrowind will have slight differences - even if it is retexturing a color pallet in the short term

- New factions, houses, ect.

- Reconstruction quests (possibly as part of Faction/House quests - Hlaalu

- Re-envision Morrowind, updating the look while keeping much of the feel.

- Assets released under Creative Commons Attribution, so that even modders who don't want to work directly with us can still use any of the cool stuff that we're planning on making.

We are not remaking TES3. No assets are being used from previous games made by Bethesda. Red Mountain has blown up (we're modeling that more or less off of Mt. St. Helen), the Argonians have invaded, and everything has gone to pot. Some modding resources not made by Bethesda but by modders for TES4 may be used (only with permission, credit will be given) and upgraded.

Now is really the best time to join and/or stake a claim, as we're brainstorming and concepting right now while we're waiting on the heightmap. We pretty much need a little bit of everything, as I expect people to float in-and-out as they work on their own projects or get busy with other stuff (like life).

Edited by Transbot9

I would stop trying... last time someone tried making Morrowind in Oblivion, Bethesda shut them down. Just a friendly warning that legal fights could ensue. Don't get me wrong but I love the idea.

yes and no. Yes to stoptrying since morroblivion team is porting their assets over methinks. No because those legal issues probably were from reusing content from previous games which is a no-no. Not because they were remaking morrowind.

Bethesda never fully shut them down, but lets not discuss that. If you made some contract with bethesda (before the mod comes out) and a way to only use the mod if you own morrowind, then you might have some chance. And i checked it out. Morroblivion is trying to make a morrivirim. Edited by ibrasteel

We are not Morrobilvion, nor are we involved in Skymorroblivion or whatever they call it. Any and all modding assets will either be assets only from Vanilla Skyrim, 'ports of original content that have permission has been given to us by the original modders, or outright new models. I've edited the post above to clarify (also added our nifty logo, although I should make a smaller one for posting on forums). All Bethesda content comes from Vanilla Skyrim. Assets from other games/companies will not be allowed.

Currently, we're focusing on the City of Blacklight, as well as planning for the surrounding countryside between Blacklight and Dunmoth pass. Beyond Skyrim will be providing the heightmap (and we're working with them on that), but we're a bit low on the list (High Rock, Cyrodill, Elseweyr/Valenwood, then us (Morrowind) and Argonia.

BTW, I don't think there's an Argonia team working with Beyond Skyrim, yet.

Oh, and feel free to look up the first round of concept art.

woahhhhh guys, never said it *is* morroblivion O.o You're kinda doing the same thing was all I'm implying by recreating morrowind. It is definitely better to use vanilla assets where possible though.

EDIT: Really nice banner btw.