Screenshot bug

BlueMoth

Having a major screenshot problem. Bandicam stopped working with me for some reason so I decided to use Skyrim's own screenshot instead. However all my screenshots are horribly twisted, black and white and they're located in the main Skyrim folder (not in a subfolder). Also I can't take a screenshot when my hud is hidden with the console command tm.

Take a look:

http://i39.tinypic.com/16h3qs1.png

I have never been able to take a screen shot with Steam (F12 key), all I get is black squares - no idea why and Steam was so helpful in figuring it out (I should get more RAM was their advice).

Tried the Skyrim screenshot and get exactly the same results as you show - skewed black and white. No idea why - spent a long time trying to figure it out and nothing I've tried has fixed it.

Hmmm. Well, 4GB is definitely enough. I thought you might be running Skyrim on a notebook with 1GB or something. I have no idea. You could try the screenshot function of Fraps, I suppose.

Edited to clarify:

There's a free trial of Fraps with the screenshot function, though only 30 seconds of video.

Edited by Rennn

Use Fraps because it doesn't need RAM or anything. And I've never had a problem like that.

My steam pics come out like that too, and they said "get moar ram!!!!" like the helpful people they are. Just another reason why I hate Steam.

Have you recently updated the graphics drivers for your laptop? If not do so and see if that helps. Googling black and white screenshots comes up with similar things.

One solution mentioned is to change the resolution (lower) and run skyrim launcher again so that it does it's "new video settings" check. Then try again. Then repeat with your normal resolution and make the launcher check new video settings again.