Screenshot bug

BlueMoth

I have a laptop, Asus. My variation has 16 GB of Ram, with a lower hard drive. My drivers are up to date, and I still have problems using steam for screenshots. On laptops at least the few I had have a "prt sc" key, print screen. I use this to take screenshots now, and I get no distortions at all. It is separate from all the other keys and almost always next to number lock, not any of the F1-F12.

If you have 'prt sc' key try and use it, and if not then try Snagit, which I used and like the best (30 day trial.) Good Luck.

• 1 year later...

I use a laptop, i have 8Gb of RAM and let me just say that my screenshots used to be awesome in the begining, i took about 120 amazing screenshots WITH the game's screenshot function (prt scr button) until someday i must've changed something (wish i knew what, maybe the graphic card mod thing that adds/changes d3d9.dll, that's the one i'm suspecting) then everything went wrong, screenshots won't open, and when i managed to get them to open they're all black&white and twisted, but the thing is, even after removing it the screenshots still suck, thought posting it here would help someone figure out where the problem is (since i simply suck when it comes at solving problems of unknown nature), in the main time, i'm turning to Fraps.

Edited by SALAH47

• 8 months later...

I know it's been over 2 years since this last post, but I had to say something.

I have a brand new Alienware computer with a great graphics card, quad 3.80 processors and

16 GB of ram....and my screenshots still come out black and white and twisted!

It has nothing to do with the ram, tech people.

Just had to say that.

I have also downloaded several other views and all look the same so far.

Scott

• 5 months later...

I just found this thread (via a ban thread, oddly enough).

I am not having this problem at all. All of my screenshots come out perfectly, via Steam and the in-game Print Screen key. But I figured maybe a point of comparison could be helpful.

My system stats:

- CPU: Intel Core i3-2120, 3.30 GHz

- video: AMD Radeon HD 7770, HIS GHz Edition

- video drivers: AMD Catalyst 14.4 [1]

- RAM: 8 GB

[1] older driver, needed for another program to work properly. Everything else seems to work OK with it so far.

My game graphics are vanilla (no ENBs or anything) on mostly Ultra settings at 1440x900. I get around 50-60 FPS most of the time, with drops down to 20-30 in busy scenes (like civil war battles). As far as I know, I haven't messed with any graphics-related .ini settings.