[LE] Modders resource not working

Bersark93

I've been trying to use this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24883/? and I've managed to get every resource I've used working but copying its extracted meshes and textures into my data folder but this one mod won't work the mod is now inactive so I can't get any help from the mod author, the original mod works in the creation kit if i use my NMM to load it but only has a few things in that version, the larger version with a lot of this that I would very much like to use loads up everything as red exclamation marks and refreshing my CK doesn't fix it extracting the mod into my data folder did nothing and using ti through NMM doesn't work. Is there a way I can fix this? since this mod is mostly new textures I can't add them as statics in my creation kit that I do with other modders resources.

Edited by Bersark93

Okay, I downloaded the beta to look at it, which is the version you want to use, I assume. I see that the file structure is such that it doesn't look like it will work with NMM, because inside the main zipped file, the textures and meshes are both independently zipped as well. I tried installing it and they didn't unpack (just to see it it works), and it doesn't; you'll have to manually unzip those folders and place them in your Data folder.

That's the first thing I did and all I get is one single mesh for an urn that won't get any textures working with it and a bunch of textures in the texture folder but neither ways with either NMM or manual seem to work.

The author said that some of the assets in the beta version might be missing because she lost some of her work due to computer problems. There was a "are you sure you want to use this?" message that came with it (the readme maybe).

I looked in the included zipped files and there are hundreds of textures and only a couple dozen meshes at most. That's all that's there.

This is largely a texture replacer, which i use extensively. It replaces the textures on pottery and metal items with a few new meshes. The textures need to be set up as texture sets and added to existing meshes - you can try using the esp provided and just duplicating the items you want. Either way this is a manual process that takes some effort.

I've tried doing that additng the textures to new items and it shows up fine as soon as I reload the creation kit (mine crashes quite a bit) the textures are gone again.

The way I normally do it is to load my esp (as active) and the resources esp. Then duplicate the pottery items I want from the resource esp and the required texture set. You then have to change the texture set of the the duplicated pottery item to the duplicated version of the texture set (it sounds like you may not be doing this bit).