Can't figure out how to change Inventory Image pathway with bsa

LMMN

I was hoping to start with something simple by giving a grenade custom stats and changing its pip boy icon. But I can't figure out how to change the pathway as the bsa's don't show up in the browser after clicking Edit under art and sound.

I get the impression that I've missed a crucial step but from my searching I can't figure out what.

If you're using a vanilla icon, you need to extract it from the (textures) .bsa and put it into your Data folder, preserving the existing folder structure. After you've selected it in GECK, you can delete the .dds file from your data folder and the game will read it from the .bsa.

You'll need some kind of tool to extract it, I use the .bsa utility included in FOMM

If you're using a vanilla icon, you need to extract it from the (textures) .bsa and put it into your Data folder, preserving the existing folder structure. After you've selected it in GECK, you can delete the .dds file from your data folder and the game will read it from the .bsa.

You'll need some kind of tool to extract it, I use the .bsa utility included in FOMM

Oh sorry, I meant to mention that it's a custom icon.

Did you actually put the DDS somewhere under /Textures?

You could send me the mod and the texture and I'll take a look.

Oh my god, thank you. I was right in guessing I'd missed some crucial obvious step.

I was going under the false assumption that the data folder always had a textures folder and that my version had that in bsa format, as opposed to having to create a textures folder on this fresh install. Then when it wouldn't connect through my own folder by a different name I didn't think that it was the folder name that was the problem.

I got my pipboy icon into the game no problem now.

Thanks again.

Edited by LMMN