[LE] Creating a Shout Cooldown Modifier Cap

Haravikk

So I think most people are familiar with the fact that effects like spell resistance and armour damage reduction have a cap (presumably hard-coded?), however some things that really should do not.

One is the fortify shouts effect; in the vanilla game this isn't a problem as there are a finite number of sources so it can only be stacked so high. However, when you add mods to the equation it becomes possible to have an effective 100% cooldown reduction, enabling a player to trigger Storm Call, Odahving and Durnevir simultaneously if they want to.

Anyway, in a mod I'm making I have a set of items that will have the fortify shout effect; when used alone this should not allow an excessive cooldown (as there are trade-offs to wearing the full set), but when combined with mods it will still be too high. Obviously I can't prevent a player abusing this if they really want to, but I'd like for my items to be self-balancing if possible, by simulating a cap.

So what I'm wondering is; is there any way that I can set a condition for my fortify shout effect(s) such that I can prevent them from applying if the player already has a cooldown reduction of X%?

For example, is there any way that could I set a fortify shouts 10% effect that only applies if the player has a less than 80% cooldown reduction? The idea is that, combined together, these should be able to take the player up to some limit, but never above it, if I can.

Perhaps in a script you could do something as

IF playerref.getactorvaluepercentage("shoutrecoverymult") > 0.8

;; do nothing, as u dont want more?

Else

add whatever %?

Im just guessing here as I dont know but perhaps you can work on IT further

Edited by GSGlobe

You could try setting a condition in the magic effect, such as 'GetActorValuePercent', then open the parameter box for the condition and you can select 'ShoutRecoveryMult' in that, then just set whatever operator you want in the final box such as less than, greater than etc. Run the condition on the player.

This would be the condition for the effect to function.

I've used conditions like this in magic effects and they worked fine for me. The last one that I did was in a teleport spell and set a condition so that it couldn't be used if the player was in combat.

Edit: I find it hard to see why you bumped this thread, if you haven't responded to the answers posted.