Adding new perk icons for new perks

oscarvdhooft

How do I do this? I made sure to convert the image I want to use to .dds, but I'm guessing the problem arises with the directory I use. If I select the image from my download folder it doesn't work, but when I put that imagine in

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 3 goty\Data\textures\interface\icons\pipboyimages\perks

and then select that, it crashes the GECK

I've tried it three times already

the textures folder seems to have very few files, all related to mods, does that have to do with it?

First, are you sure you want it to be under the "Fallout 3 goty" folder? (This is the FNV forum after all. That would normally be the "Fallout New Vegas" folder.)

Quick tutorial: "How to make a working Pipboy icon".

I have a number of added "perk" mods in my game, so that "textures\interface\icons\pipboyimages\perks" folder has 154 dds files. (No idea how many were originally there.) I do note that they are all sized at 65,664 bytes. Image size of 256x256 (or any other power of 2) pixels seems to be recommended. It's important that you have the correct size image and file, and DDS Format (DXT3) or you can expect a GECK crash. (It's not very tolerant of anything unexpected.)

PS: Don't forget to toggle "ArchiveInvalidation" after adding your mod when testing in game.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

First, are you sure you want it to be under the "Fallout 3 goty" folder? (This is the FNV forum after all. That would normally be the "Fallout New Vegas" folder.)

Quick tutorial: "How to make a working Pipboy icon".

I have a number of added "perk" mods in my game, so that "textures\interface\icons\pipboyimages\perks" folder has 154 dds files. (No idea how many were originally there.) I do note that they are all sized at 65,664 bytes. Image size of 256x256 (or any other power of 2) pixels seems to be recommended. It's important that you have the correct size image and file, and DDS Format (DXT3) or you can expect a GECK crash. (It's not very tolerant of anything unexpected.)

PS: Don't forget to toggle "ArchiveInvalidation" after adding your mod when testing in game.

-Dubious-

Yeah it's for FO3, but I figured I'd ask here cause the games function almost in the same way and this forum gets more users. Thanks, I'll see if that works.