Video Card that runs both FO3 & New Vegas

Sorry if there is any confusion on this question as I did say at the start of this string, that I already have a computer picked out and just need advice on a video card that would run both FO3 and New Vegas.

Thanks again to all that responded, just needed the info on the correct video card to add for this reason.

Are you going to buy a pre built system and then buy a graphics-card?

You can't just do that most prebuilt systems come with a powersupply, motherboard and case specific to that configuration

No, you can totally do that. That's what I did, and it works fine. There's a reason the parts are modular.

Are you going to buy a pre built system and then buy a graphics-card?

You can't just do that most prebuilt systems come with a powersupply, motherboard and case specific to that configuration

No, you can totally do that. That's what I did, and it works fine. There's a reason the parts are modular.

depends upon the manufacturer

some make it impossible to change by using custom cases (beyond slim line), super short power supplies, non-standard (insert your choice here - they've all been done) . . .

He stated that he is looking at a bare bones system kit, not a pre-built system from say Dell for instance. I use an EVGA nVidia GTX 460 2 GB, and I do just fine for all of my computing needs.

I am disabled and close to being a shut in myself, so I know what he is dealing with budget wise.

Sorry if there is any confusion on this question as I did say at the start of this string, that I already have a computer picked out and just need advice on a video card that would run both FO3 and New Vegas.

Thanks again to all that responded, just needed the info on the correct video card to add for this reason.

He stated that he is looking at a bare bones system kit, not a pre-built system

actually he said he has already picked out his bones

and is only interested in the video card

we presume the bones will bear the weight

I have been looking for quite a while and have not found any discussions or info from Bethesda, or anyplace else for that matter, that just states what video card is supported for both games.

My computer upgrade will be an AMD Quad core minimum, along with a minimum of 8 GB of ram.

I also use Auto Cad for business on the same computer, not that I think this would matter for the Cad program. It runs very stable on a Geforce Gt240 1GB now with no problems.

Just trying to find one card that will work for both games, please.

Just picked up a gigabyte hd 7850 its amazing.It surpasses the older hd 6950 and just about equals the performance of the hd 6970.It does this using aprox. 3/4 of the power and at a cooler temperature. This card has 2Gb memory stock.The card itself is less than 10 inches long! It equals or surpasses the ti560 as well.It makes my OC'd Hd 6870 look sick.Also, I would HIGHLY recommend saving your bucks and and getting into an intel i5 2500k and an appropriate MB it will absolutely destroy just about anything amds got that's even slightly comparable. I would not get a "barebones" kit ,they are always a compromise, if you take your time and do some research then wisely choose your components, you'll find that the price point is not much different and you wind up with a no compromise set up.The key element is to do your research before you buy, the knowledge you gain will be invaluable and you'll know your machine like the back of your hand.Good building!