Workshop mode (Ctrl+v) without first using workbench or clearing enemies

RoadWarrior9

Is anyone having issues with being able to enter workshop mode using Ctrl+V without clearing enemies or using the workbench the first time? I can enter any settlement and enter workshop mode without clearing the location of enemies first. I did a clean install of fallout 4 and created a new character with no mods at all and could open the workshop in sanctuary right after getting the message that I had entered sanctuary. I then enabled god mode and used coc to teleport to spectacle island and was able to open workshop mode the second I arrived. DLC? Patch? I don't know what is going on. Thanks.

Never mind. It appears I found a new 'feature' of god mode. It appears that if you are in god mode you can enter workshop mode any time you are in a settlement whether you have cleared it or not. I was testing a settlement mod I was making and I was in god mode for testing and didn't realize this happened. Well at least I posted it in case someone else didn't know this...

Thanks for the heads up. Didn't know that was possible.

I know god mode also allows building without using resources, but didn't know about the ctrl+v option. Might come in handy sometime.