NWN Nexus might actually inspire me some more.

Mazena

BTW, Storyteller, if you're the one I'm thinking of, I believe one of your prefabs would be of use to me in the module I plan to release this summer.

If you are thinking of Creature/NPC prefabs for NWN2, I might be the one ;) . And in case you need something not on the menue - I still do "contract work" for creating NPC/Monster groups.

And regarding the Vault and the Nexus....I am probably just a little sentimental about the place that had been my main gaming home since 2006 *sigh*

Edited by thestoryteller01

Yes, I'm thinking of your set of pirate characters, and maybe some of the other ones, as well. There are a couple of special NPCs I'll need (certain creatures with specific kinds of clothing/hats), but I might be able to handle that on my own. I haven't checked the toolset to see about that yet. I'd come out and say what it is, but I generally prefer to have something to show before I start talking about one of my projects. :)

Hi storyteller, I agree with Tchos that many of us see the Nexus as both a back up to the Vault for any of us remaining active modders and a source to reach new players. I too have some sentimental attachment to The Vault since uploading my first nwn1 modules back in 2006, but again, this is just another source. The current community is small, but the current active members are strong and die hard fans of the nwn1/2 games.

Heh, that brings something to mind. I think Slowdivefan here is the first one to have debuted a newly-released, very popular NWN2 module on the Nexus. The download count for that IWD mod shows 1446 downloads (1200 unique). That means at least 1200 unique people who are interested in NWN2 have accounts here, who were either already here or who took the step of making a new account to download that module. This is a nearly equal number to the people who downloaded it on the Vault, which is 1349 (which doesn't track how many downloads are unique). So, by this evidence, I think we have a pretty good audience in both places. :)

• 4 months later...

I hate to say it but the Vault is having new technical problems every few months and IGN does not seem to care. I've written to their corporate offices to complain about the broken mail system, the spam, and the fact that user accounts are dropping off their servers for no apparent reason. It's lost my password four times now in less than two years.

I was so glad to see the NEXUS pick up NWN2. In another year or two, this may be the only decent collection of new content on the Web.

GCoyote.. Are you surprised IGN don't care ? There's no money in the vault and they're far too busy taking money from game developers in return for advertising, reviewing and promotion. I didn't even know they were responsible for the vault and only discovered that recently along with what an unpleasant company they are so it's highly unlikely I'll be putting anything on the vault again.

• 5 months later...

GCoyote.. Are you surprised IGN don't care ? There's no money in the vault and they're far too busy taking money from game developers in return for advertising, reviewing and promotion. I didn't even know they were responsible for the vault and only discovered that recently along with what an unpleasant company they are so it's highly unlikely I'll be putting anything on the vault again.

Well IGN has now lost my password for the sixth time!http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/wallbash.gif

If I can't use their site, then I won't see the advertising and I won't be clicking on any of the links there. I don't expect them to rebuild the whole thing, just perform minimal maintenance. Not too much to ask IMHO. http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/confused.gif