Oblivion Gate

Brandy1123

Since we have the last remnants of the Blades, the Dark Brotherhood and the Mythic Dawn, Why not have a sole remaining Oblivion gate. One that is deep in some ruins somewhere. Even put it in an existing cave or subteranian pit. Maybe a miner uncovers a previously unknown cavern that it resides in. Edited by Brandy_123

Since we have the last remnants of the Blades, the Dark Brotherhood and the Mythic Dawn, Why not have a sole remaining Oblivion gate. One that is deep in some ruins somewhere. Even put it in an existing cave or subteranian pit. Maybe a miner uncovers a previously unknown cavern that it resides in.

I would endorse that !

Although the idea is sound, you'll need to think about it for a few seconds. What do we have that remains of the daedra races and environment?

We have the Daedra Lord, Atronaches, Armor and Weapons, haven't gone into Dagon's shrine yet, so do not know whether there's any daedric environment corruption in there.

But if someone were to make the gate, they'd have to remodel and reprogram all the races back in like the Spider Daedra, Clannfear, Xivilai, etc. And remake all the enviroment, skybox, lighting, and lava (not sure if they kept lava for some dungeons), not to mention the loot. This would go far beyond just making the gate. Not saying don't do it, but more or less: What is brought back?

Then again I'd love going Oblivion Spelunking again.

It could be anything from Sheogoraths hidden closet to an interim plane where the Razor draws its power from. There must be something out there if the Lords still have places to go. It may not be on the level we remember seeing and adventuring across as in TES4 , but it can lead to somewhere where the deadric kin reside and prosper. Edited by Brandy_123

Plus it's a mod. I don't care about lore, I just want to see a recreation of an Oblivion Gate on this engine, and maybe done right instead of constantly going to Mehrunes Dagon's magmatic sphincter. An Oblivion Gate to Nocturnal's realm, or maybe to Namira's plane would be awesome if done right.

Even a broken gate that randomly delivers you to a spot in a dungeon while disabling your in game map until you reach the surface.

I just had a thought. Base on what IxionInc said previously, let them take you to these planes. Let the used Dragon Claw keys have a use. Let it control the Gate and based on the one used, let the gate take you to that specific plane that binds the Claw.

Edited by Brandy_123