WEIRD PIXELS

Skrotetor

Hi deletedboi1985

I'm almost positive that this has anything to do with the mods installed neither with the NMM.

I've already tried 4 times to reinstall and uninstall everything (mods and game COMPLETELY).

I'm pretty sure that this is caused by the iMultiSample line

Try set it to 0 and see what's happening...

you're a lifesaver. thanks for the tips. BTW think it is cat control 1.2, i just download the update, then skyrim goes haywire, graphically speaking.

This pixel problem is caused by the AMD 12.2 Precertification device drivers.

To fix it you can either reinstall 12.2 Preview (or 12.1)

OR turn off AA.

I prefer to run with AA (MSAA 4X), so I reinstalled the 12.2 Preview drivers which work fine with no pixel problem.

ps. In the release notes for the 12.2 driver it says this under known issues..... "Elder Scrolls - Image corruption can be be seen with Anti-Aliasing enabled on speciic AMD graphics hardware. This issue will be fixed in AMD Catalyst 12.3"

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalystSoftwareSuiteVersion122ReleaseNotes.aspx

Edited by wader2k

Well a found a partial solution for me and anyone using an ATI/Radeon card.... (Frack) The newest drivers crap out AA (anti-aliasing) in Skyrim. I searched a ton of articles about skyrim, ATI, etc and everyone using a Radeon card who updated their drivers over the weekend seems to have the same pixelating problem.

For the time-being if you turn off AA on the launcher everything looks fine. I tried with both bare vanilla and all 100+ mods and modified skyrimpref ini and it runs fine on my system.

For comparison;

WinXP 32 bit,

AMD Athlon 5400+ Dual Core 2.8 GHz (Yes I'm upgrading to a quad)

4 gigs ram

Radeon 6850

Ok I found it...

The cuckoo bananas pixels are caused by the Multisample line in the Skyrimprefs.ini

I've found that leaving the value at 0 works fine. Changing it to 2 creates the problem.

Anyone confirm?

This was exactly what affected my computer.

Everytime I change visual settings it reverts and I have to reset the multisample line to 0.

Thanks so much, finally I can play the game.

Yeah, I went back to 12.1 and it is all ok again. AMD and nVidia are having real problems with Skyrim, it is just most AMD users think it is only AMD and most nVidia users think it is just nVidia. Both companies are in actual contact with Bethesda to resolve issues once and for all, the latest AMD issues are caused by trying to get Crossfire finally working.

Yeah, I went back to 12.1 and it is all ok again. AMD and nVidia are having real problems with Skyrim, it is just most AMD users think it is only AMD and most nVidia users think it is just nVidia. Both companies are in actual contact with Bethesda to resolve issues once and for all, the latest AMD issues are caused by trying to get Crossfire finally working.

I have a single card and tried 12.3 the only cure was to turn off AA , then all was well again with my AMD card :)

system spec (just fyi, might be helpful):

op sys: win7 64bit home prem.

CPU: intel 3ghz quadcore

GPU: ATI HD 6850 (1gig ram)

RAM: 6gigs ddr3

(note, i still can't run skyrim on ultra; i guess you could say i play on very-high graphics settings... lol)

---edit typo

Edited by Invisible Man

I have a single card and tried 12.3 the only cure was to turn off AA , then all was well again with my AMD card :)

That won't do for me I am afraid, I need the AA lurvleeness like it is Skooma! :biggrin: