Murderers wont follow me

NocturneNight

Posting this here aswell as this may be a mod problem and is quite annoying:

I've finally completed the DB storyline and was looking forward to a companion: As the topic say, the Dark Brotherhood Murderers refuses to follow me out of the Sanctuary. Once I exit the Sanctuary they wont travel with me, if I go back they are just standing there and follows me as usual inside, just wont come with me outside. If I recruit the Mage in the Living Quarters, she wont come with to the next room, even. Any advice?

Active Mod Files:

00  Oblivion.esm [CRC: 2FF840C5]
01  Francesco's Leveled Creatures-Items Mod.esm  [Version 4.5bSI] [CRC: 8ACB2622]
**  Beautiful_Women_Revised.esp [CRC: BCE07D4A]
**  Beautiful_Women_Revised_DB.esp [CRC: 6EFFAE8F]
02  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.3.7] [CRC: 6AB8F177]
03  Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp [CRC: 01B694D9]
04  DLCShiveringIsles.esp [CRC: 2BB84977]
05  Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp  [Version 1.4.4] [CRC: F6C1D21D]
06  GuildOwnership1.2.esp [CRC: A749FDFE]
07  P1DseeYouSleep.esp [CRC: 41C990C4]
08  Enhanced Economy.esp  [Version 5.4.3] [CRC: 67026148]
09  DarNifiedUI Config Addon.esp [CRC: 6F14751D]
0A  [Hexaae] Get Wet v0.92.esp  [Version 0.92] [CRC: 91C9F29B]
0B  Map Marker Overhaul.esp  [Version 3.9] [CRC: 8F9FE685]
0C  Map Marker Overhaul - SI additions.esp  [Version 3.5] [CRC: 2B08755B]
**  EVE_StockEquipmentReplacer.esp [CRC: 02EC9CA3]
**  HGEC_special_armor_repl.esp [CRC: E4A02928]
++  doofdillas_potions_recolored_sorted_v0_3_1.esp  [Version 0.3.1] [CRC: 9ED6DDBD]
0D  LadyDeath.esp [CRC: 0BAC5713]
0E  Lady Flirt.esp [CRC: CB705FC4]
0F  Neck Seam Concealers Expanded.esp  [Version 1.00] [CRC: DF4CE6E1]
10  Neck Seam Concealers Expanded DD.esp  [Version 1.00] [CRC: DBB7BA8D]
11  SpeedBuster Collection.esp [CRC: E4E40206]
12  DMRA Stock Clothing Skimpy.esp [CRC: CD2A8A65]
13  DMRA Stock Robe Replacer.esp [CRC: C79A9EE0]
14  Francesco's More Wilderness Life.esp [CRC: 8776077E]
15  Francesco's Optional Leveled Guards.esp [CRC: 36DF7A6E]
16  Francesco's Optional Chance of More Enemies.esp [CRC: 409F8FB2]
17  OOO-Armor_Perks_WearRate_Repair.esp  [Version 1.33] [CRC: 09CB6B84]
18  OOO-Deadly_Combat.esp  [Version 1.33] [CRC: 8B51CA66]
19  Harvest [Flora].esp  [Version 3.0.0] [CRC: FA700811]
++  Harvest [Flora] - Shivering Isles.esp  [Version 3.0.0] [CRC: 05003A29]
1A  Improved_potion_of_exploration_11.esp [CRC: 94F6CB44]
1B  Leviathan Soulgems.esp [CRC: DF3D1184]
1C  Sexdarkness.esp [CRC: 738A42FC]
1D  spelliconreplace.esp [CRC: 365D2B59]
1E  SetBody.esp [CRC: FC5314E6]
1F  CTAddPose_osr1.esp [CRC: B88F2E4C]
20  CTAddPose_osr2.esp [CRC: 7E5D102B]
21  CTAddPose_osr3.esp [CRC: D343B7DE]
22  CTAddPose_OTpair2.esp [CRC: 2ABFF8B3]
23  CTAddPose_Gaff_01.esp [CRC: 4C8A26CA]
24  CTAddPose_Gaff_02.esp [CRC: BC17214C]
25  CTAddPose_SPB_01.esp [CRC: A0F912F9]
26  CTAddPose SPB 02.esp [CRC: 089D6A8B]
27  SeductiveIdles.esp [CRC: B8DE5B2F]
28  ActorsInEmotions.esp [CRC: 30E4D01E]
**  Let There Be Darkness - Cyrodiil + SI.esp [CRC: 87A8497C]
29  _Ren_BeautyPack_onlyhairs.esp [CRC: 921473E5]
2A  Elves Of Lineage II.esp [CRC: 9EC7E80B]
++  EVE_KhajiitFix.esp [CRC: 2FA07B05]
++  Faction Rank Fix.esp [CRC: 23866257]
2B  LEs_Lethal_Traps.esp [CRC: D64FAA73]
2C  DangerousTrespassing.esp [CRC: 6F09E31E]
2D  CTAddPose_Halo.esp [CRC: 806E8221]
2E  HentaiMOEdress.esp [CRC: 669E9804]
2F  Edhildils Purelust Latex Suits.esp [CRC: 9299413D]
30  Edhildils Distraction Armors.esp [CRC: B3930CCC]
31  Edhildils Seductive Poison Armors.esp [CRC: 75F21DB7]
32  Knights of the Nine Disinstaller 1_4.esp [CRC: 3F68E997]
33  WulfGlassArmor.esp [CRC: AC5DD6C9]
34  Hart's Boners.esp [CRC: 2AD879A8]
35  Nocturne's Balance Mod.esp [CRC: 4191257B]
36  Bashed Patch, 0.esp [CRC: BCEBECEC]

I don't see anything in your load order that might be causing it. It may just be a glitch.

I see no mention of murderers to follow you on the Dark Brotherhood UESP Wiki page. Are you talking about the murder who will follow you if you've completed the Vile Lair DLC or is this a mod added thing?

The OP is talking about these guys. Once you become the Listener, you can get one of the resident Murderers to follow you. It's not DLC or mod related.

Try this:

Open up the console and click on one of the followers. Their name should be at the top middle of the screen.

Close the console.

Walk outside of the sanctuary (to an exterior cell).

Open the console back up.

Type "moveto player" without the quotes.

Try to get them to follow you again.

Let us know if the problem persists after that.

Try this:

Open up the console and click on one of the followers. Their name should be at the top middle of the screen.

Close the console.

Walk outside of the sanctuary (to an exterior cell).

Open the console back up.

Type "moveto player" without the quotes.

Try to get them to follow you again.

Let us know if the problem persists after that.

That did it! Thanks a bunch! Now it remains to be seen if she will follow me inside dungeons, or if I do need to apply this method each time I want her in another cell; but it's a small matter, really.

I have googled about this to no avail, and there's no mention of such a bug on the UESP. I haven't checked the readme for the UOP; could very well be that as it created another problem for me earlier, with M'rajdaar, that Striker identified and helped solve (if he recalls that). :) However, I am quite happy with the UOP for Oblivion; it has fixed many, MANY, bugs, with quests or otherwise that would've caused a lot of problems for me, and I don't want to play without it, tbh.

EDIT

There seems to be something wrong with her script. When she spots an enemy, she just keeps unsheating and then sheating her weapon again, and wont fight back. Perhaps the UOP is giving her conflicting scripts, idk. I will investigate.

Edited by NocturneNight

That may very well be Nocturne, but I'm afraid I'm a little like the bee in a huge clover patch ... so much nectar, so little time. Sometimes individual flowers from the past just get blended in with the overall euphoria. But they were important flowers, as each always are.

I have googled about this to no avail, and there's no mention of such a bug on the UESP. I haven't checked the readme for the UOP; could very well be that as it created another problem for me earlier, with M'rajdaar, that Striker identified and helped solve (if he recalls that). :) However, I am quite happy with the UOP for Oblivion; it has fixed many, MANY, bugs, with quests or otherwise that would've caused a lot of problems for me, and I don't want to play without it, tbh.

Understandable if you don't, that's your right :). However I should clarify: I have personally been wary to use it in my game because I have probably heard about as much good about it as I have bad. I'm one of those people that tries not to download or install anything that has the risk of doing more bad than good. It's my personal stance however and some people enjoy the risk more than me. Good thing, balances stuff out in the world! Aside from my digression, it may just be that is a sacrifice you will have to make by having it installed. IF you are set on having a companion, you can always just get the CM partners mod and practically recreate this character with CM scripts (not too hard either). Honestly that might even make your experience more enjoyable simply because CM partners have many many more options than vanilla followers do. Again up to you though :)

"There seems to be something wrong with her script. When she spots an enemy, she just keeps unsheating and then sheating her weapon again, and wont fight back. Perhaps the UOP is giving her conflicting scripts, idk. I will investigate."

I've tried disabling the UOP, but it does not appear to have any effect on this behavior. She will not engage in combat, even if being attacked, she will just stand there and heal herself. Just wondering if someone has ever experienced this, or might have any idea of why this happens..

I have considered the CM Partners mod, but I am not looking for a full-fledged companion system. I just want the vanilla companions, because I am something of a purist and try to keep my game as... well, pure, as possible. It may seem strange to you, but, before I proceed with the CM mod I wanted to experience abit what the vanilla companions are like. I should tell you that the companions from the KotN mod worked exemplary when I played that on my previous character, however I was running a different set of mods, then.

And Striker, you have helped me far more than I can recall anyway, so that's absolutely not necessary for you to remember. ^^ You would've earned multiple kudos points if it was possible. So thanks for all your help. :) And everyone else aswell ofcourse!