Murderers wont follow me

NocturneNight

It is a team effort, and I'm but a cog in that wheel.

Any chance of comparing the mod lists from the two characters ... perhaps the culprit will jump out, or at least a smaller list to troubleshoot should be the outcome. I use Multiple Oblivion Manager - MOM, at first just to keep my two character's save games separate but now to manage two separate mod lists for them as well. Pretty easy to install and very slick to use.

It seems their "attack script" is either defunct or conflicting with something. I have tried with the Archer follower aswell, but he exhibits the same behavior. If I dismiss them outside of combat, they run dutifully back to the Sanctuary, however if I dismiss them during combat they begin to "stutter" their way back, eventually they're just stuttering around in a circle...

I have my old character's saves in another folder, so I'm just playing this one character atm and there's no need for me to switch between modsets. I notice not much different from my old character's modlist, except that I used OOO, not franscescos mod, then.

Hmm ... when the only difference is one of the 'big ones' it isn't a simple disable to test. I have seen something similar to what you're describing with the stuttering on occasion since I started using NPCs Yield. You don't use that mod as well do you?

Hmm ... when the only difference is one of the 'big ones' it isn't a simple disable to test. I have seen something similar to what you're describing with the stuttering on occasion since I started using NPCs Yield. You don't use that mod as well do you?

No, I don't. And aye, if I am to disable Franscesco, my game will most likely not even start. :P

Well I have now tried disabling Franscesco AND the UOP, but it's still bugged. This is so frustrating, am I the only one who runs into these stupid problems?! Is there noone else who has experienced this? There is no mention of this bug anywhere... ><

Not suggesting in way that I'm typical, but I found the mage apprentices weren't any better than CM Partners as far as fighting companions (i.e. either let them do all the fighting and just try to keep them healed up or retreat to a safe distance as soon as you spotted a bad guy, tell them to wait and go and deal with the enemy). If you gave them ranged weapons they turned you into a pincushion (or toasted marshmallow if they had any spells) if you let them fight. When up close and personal fighting they invariable get in the way if you dare unsheathe your sword. The CM Partners can be used as a pack horse, but Emma's Packdonkeys are far and away better at that (they know when to get out of the way). The mage apprentices add a little flavour to the Arcane University campus and CM Partners are efficient at trashing anywhere you leave them stashed (and they were stashed a long time before I started using Companion Vilja, who is my sole companion these days).

Might be I'm not alone.

I have finally found the culprit! The mod resbonsible for this behavior was SexDarkness! I tried disabling a row of mods that I suspected might be the cause, and this was the one! As SexDarkness contains a lot of script, it would seem that it somehow interferes with the DB followers. I will head over to that mod's thread and report this bug at once! Thanks everyone for your help and support. :)

Well Nocturne I'm in that 'already gave' stage in the kudos department myself. If NocturneNight has helped you solve your own version of this problem don't be shy ... click that little plus sign.