[LE] Script Question

GowiHasti

I plan on creating a new quest that essential is like Brand Shei' but at the end allows the NPC to become a possible follower like Faendal/Sven.

I have an idea to create a ship wreck, stuck a trunk in it,, and in that trunk have a note that explains Rune from the Thieves Guild's history based upon him being an Imperial according to the CK and this starts the quest to return to him with the info (OR talking to him when he says he'd be grateful for any information from the base game dialogue; both options start it also similar to Brand Shei's quest). When you return the note to Rune he thanks you, pays you with gold or an item not sure yet and becomes available as a follower like Faendal/Sven.

I'm rather new to scripting, actually all I've done is change a few properties to get different results. What I want to know is can I use the Brand-shei quest script in the CK and simply change the properties or am I going to need to write a new one from scratch?

I don't know what the Brand Shei' script does, but all you have to do is create a new script fragment in the dialogue tab with a property that links to the follower faction. Then a simple:

akspeaker.addToFaction(FollwoerFactionPropertyGoesHere)1

will suffice. If the script you mention does the same then you probably don't even need to copy/paste, just select add and search for the script and add it. If the script has more stuff, simply copy the part that is similar to the code above.

Edited by Guest

Thank you that help me with that part of the quest, the rest however is much like Brand She's quest just different quest givers and different notes and locations.

Is it possible to add the script fragment you mentioned as well as one that raises NPC's relationship to friend/ally as I believe that is also necessary to get a follower to actually follow you, isn't it?