FOV keeps reverting to default value

brylem

Dunno if this has been posted before, but anyway: I want to set my FOV to 95 but it keeps reverting to 75. I tried everything from messing with the Fallout.ini, FalloutPrefs.ini, and Fallout_Default.ini files, to the fov console command to the FOV Slider mod and nothing. When using the console command and the FOV Slider mod the fov zooms out for a fraction of a second before smoothly zooming in back to 75 again. Could a mod be causing this? I checked my load order using FNVEdit and I figured any changes to FOV should show up under Game Settings but there's nothing there.

Unset all .ini files from read-only, and moved FOV Slider mod below the Bashed Patch. No dice. I guess it's worth noting that I use Mod Organizer, which uses its own .ini files, but in those files I've set both World FOV and First Person FOV to 95.

Please read the install instructions for "FOV Slider" again. It belongs above the "Bashed Patch". Rebuild the BP whenever you make changes (add, remove, change sequence position) to your "load order". (When in doubt, see where LOOT wants to put it.)

If you have added fDefaultWorldView to the [Display] Section of Fallout.ini and/or FalloutPrefs.ini and/or Fallout_default.ini you MUST delete the entries or setting the Field of View will not work.

If you use a Field of View larger than 90, you'll want to adjust the Scope Scissor Amount to prevent
clipping of overlays like Binoculars, Scopes, and other things depending on what other mods you use.
This may make the slideshows appear a little odd, but it wouldn't be prudent to edit them for just that.

You make the adjustments for FOV Slider thru MCM or directly in the FOVSlider.ini in the Data\Config folder.

-Dubious-

After reading the FOV Slider mod page I found out that it conflicts with Powered Power Armor, and that the latter mod has its own FOV controls. Guess this was just another stupid case of not reading on my part. Thanks for the help.

• 1 year later...

After reading the FOV Slider mod page I found out that it conflicts with Powered Power Armor, and that the latter mod has its own FOV controls. Guess this was just another stupid case of not reading on my part. Thanks for the help.

Same thing with me. How did you make it overwrite powered power armor?

You would have to modify PPA, which has it's permissions locked down so you have to request permission from the author. Note that PPA has not been modified since 2011, while FOV Slider was last modified in 2019. Roy Batty (Batterian) is a very experienced mod creator and if he was able to identify the problem but not fix it without modifying PPA, then it probably can't be done. However, Imp of the Perverse is still active on Nexus.

You will have to choose one over the other.

-Dubious-