ctd seems to happen in most cases of install a location mod please hel

redskinman316

Indeed, it certainly is automated or at least is happening on save automaticly. I have seen now that on reopening the file in the ck after running the game that the Grup:Navi has been recreated, still with it's 'unknown' etc. It could perhaps still be of help if part of that Navi from pre-1.5 is whats wrong than a new ck creation post-1.5 might still do the trick, but yes the modded Navi in the .esp returns on it's own. I wonder if it's just an issue with IDing the Navi with the same ID number...as in shouldn't the FByadayads thing be different for every mods Navi? why so many share the same ID number. On a side note in regard to potential conflict causers, does anybody know if the map marker and such being listed at cell cords 0,0 in the .esp is normal? I've tried changing it several times and no matter what cell I actually put the map marker in the .esp lists it as being part of the cell 0,0 group....just wondering:) Good efforts though none-the-less:_)

So.....I'm a little confused on how to delete it but this deffinitely sounds promising! Let me know in newbie terms where I can delete this thing from! Thanks, and thanks:)))

T

<Massive Delete>

Update: I've looked at the NAVI groups for a few different mods, and it does appear that different mods have a different number of subrecords for NAVI. This would indicate it isn't a simple junk file, drat.

I've looked at other mod .esp that have the GRUP(NAVI) and they all have the same formID. 00012FB4

I didn't think of that at all, and don't usually have a companion with me for Skyrim. When I played through the mods none of the NPCs or critters seemed to have any trouble running up to smack me, those that had sandbox interactions were doing thier thing without issues as far as I could tell. (Sleeping, praying, crafting.).

*sigh* Looks like I might be back to square one. Dammit. :wallbash:

I don't understand why the CK reports the conflict between the navmeshing though. Or why navmeshing uses the same formID over and over when it causes a conflict.

Never DL a player home or quest or anything that changes the wourld space unless it has Navmesh, if it dos'nt than stay away.

it seems i always get a ctd when i install a new location mod like a player home or a dungeon ect. I can install mods like weapons/ Armour or mods that have game effects like faster arrows or new monsters but when i put a new location mod in about 80% of them will ctd withing 2 min.--What is causing this and how do i resolve it???

Well if your still having CTD problems then I will share my fix with you, it stopped my CTD's altogether I've never had one ever since and I have 184 mods. Anyway you'll need a couple of extra gigs on your hard drive, but you must unpack all your mesh BSA files to your Data mesh files, only the mesh BSA's OK, and it will fix all your CTD. Also it helps allot if your a modder like me, hope this helps.

Well I'm at a bit of a loss right now. I have found that "refreshing" the GRUP(NAVI) seems to resolve the issue for most of the mods that seemed incompatible.

This of course is good. On the other hand I have found two of them that seem to conflict only do so when I have a third mod installed. Without it, there is no issue.

For the mods that worked after being "refreshed" I have to think somehow the GRUP(NAVI) subrecords might have had duplicate names., or some sort of similar issue. Making the various mods dependant on update.esm as well as skyrim.esm doesn't seem to have an effect either way.

As a first step I'm going to see if I can refresh the third mod mentioned above, then I'm going to go through two of the un-altered mod .esps to see if I can find any sort of overlap in the GRUP(NAVI) subrecords..Perhaps I should start a seperate thread focused on this issue.

As a first step I'm going to see if I can refresh the third mod mentioned above, then I'm going to go through two of the un-altered mod .esps to see if I can find any sort of overlap in the GRUP(NAVI) subrecords..Perhaps I should start a seperate thread focused on this issue.

I agree that might be best!