Skyrim Special Edition & NMM

SirTrijj

NMM cannot locate correct path for SE installation. I start game up with SKSE SE launcher---it launches & I do the SKSE version check & that is ok. Does the below pasting look right?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\skyrim install\SteamApps\common\Skyrim Special Edition

It's not letting me copy/paste the actual files listed below the above location. But that is where the exe's are.

Someone at sometime suggested I create another folder and not put it directly into the Steam Folder. That is why I did another folder & called it Skyrim Install. So, I just copied the Common Folder from there & put it back into the Steam Apps as u suggested. NMM found it then but.....since I had alrdy deleted NMM, it won't let me back in to switch from Skyrim to Skyrim SE. Does SE take a special NMM? I manually put 2 mods in the Data SE folder but they aren't showing up. SkyUI & UNP body. I didn't c a way to "put a check mark" /activate those 2 mods. i don't know how SE works. Tell me how to get NMM working or (if I just keep on installing mods manually) how do I do that? Thnx { i just don't feel like going back and re-installing Skyrim right now).

yes SE is a different game. when you were told to put the install in another folder it is supposed to be outside the Program Files (x86) folder not outside the steam install... in other words you werentgiven clear instructions.

click the refresh arrow button on the top right to rescan games.

to check boxes without a manager you have to open the game via it's regular launcher (or through steam) and choose Data files on the laucher