Donating your "Boys" for concert tickets.

Carah

I'd surely pass. They'd have to resurrect Lennon for me to %&$! my way into a concert. Nothing against masturbation, it just seems like a bit much for a simple band performance.

Edit: *sigh* These filters make me feel like a child at times. The word started with 'W' and I think you can figure it out.

Personally, I wouldn't do it. The thought of having random children out there is just disturbing.

What if you did it at say age 18 (the minimum age), and then 20 years later, you fall in love with one of "them." :blink:

Or what if someone related to you came in for "little men," the company screws up, and she some how got yours?

Personally, I could not live with that on my mind.

NOTE: I did not mean to offend anyone this has happened to. If I did, I am very sorry.

the chance sof you meeting on eof your rr donor children let alone falling in love ith them are pretty damn small though

Time for science lesson:

Every man, whether he admits it or not, whether he remembers or even realizes that it happened, has left a million little buddies splattered in a bed sheet within a few weeks of hitting puberty. When I was a teen the most common term was "wet dream," and most guys deny it or just don't remember it because for most people the "dream" is actually not sexual. Also, the fact that it's a type of premature ejaculation might make some guys bury it in the back of their minds.

Another "loss of potential family members" happens to every man, every morning. The first time you urinate in the morning, it contains a very high level of protein and it has nothing to do with that steak you ate last night. This is why military doctors and most hospitals require you to relieve yourself at least once before giving your urine sample.

Carah, most women ovulate once a month* right? And most guys only experience a wet dream once or twice* in their entire lifetime. On those two stats I concede you feeling less than eager to give one away. But guys urinate everyday, and holding it in until after breakfast does not change what is coming out. So on that stat, detachment has to set in sooner or later (usually sooner) or you would quickly go insane at the thought of loosing a million future heirs everyday just because your bladder got full.

All that said: I have donated before, but not anonymously to a bank for money. It was more of a direct deposit to two very close friends who could not have a child without help (because they're both girls). And now those who have heard me say it, now understand the meaning of "my son has two mommies."

* I used the qualifier most because there are exceptions to every rule.

I applaud your openness and frankness on a very personal matter.

Kudos to you.

Buddah

the chance sof you meeting on eof your rr donor children let alone falling in love ith them are pretty damn small though

Yeah well, I've heard of stranger things happening...

There's a very simple solution to that. Don't date or have sex with anyone who is 20 years younger than you. I mean seriously... 40 year olds dating 20 year olds is just disgusting, even when they aren't related. Honestly, what would you have to talk about? Sure, the sex might be fun, but it's an empty relationship that is usually based on her having "daddy issues", and that is never a good thing.

Could also just refuse to sleep with anyone who is the same race as you. *Runs away*

There's a very simple solution to that. Don't date or have sex with anyone who is 20 years younger than you. I mean seriously... 40 year olds dating 20 year olds is just disgusting, even when they aren't related. Honestly, what would you have to talk about? Sure, the sex might be fun, but it's an empty relationship that is usually based on her having "daddy issues", and that is never a good thing.

Could also just refuse to sleep with anyone who is the same race as you. *Runs away*

Well, you know what I mean. I was just backing up my opinion.

I know of several people who have actually fallen in love with people over 18 years of difference. They were perfectly happy together.

And I found it rather shallow that you said, "Sure the sex might be fun, but it would be an empty relationship..." Read what I said above. ^

*Runs away and hides in fear of starting a (heated) debate.*

I know of several people who have actually fallen in love with people over 18 years of difference. They were perfectly happy together.

And I'm sure there are, however those kinds of relationships are a rare thing, and are becoming even rarer. I apoligize. However, the majority of those sorts of relationships, with that large of an age gap, atleast within America, tends to be more for less noble purposes. Either she is with him for money, and nice things, or he is with her so that he can have a young thing on his arm and in his bed. And usually, the only thing they actually have in common is their exploitation of eachother. Which was what the statement was based on.

As for the actual heart of the matter, unless you were having unprotected sex, or were planning to have a kid (which most places recommend a blood test), there really isn't too much wrong with that whole "she might be my biological daughter" kinda thing. Now hold your pitchforks a second. In many places you can actually have more genetic similarities with your neighbor than your child (even when you are the biological parent). This is because although 50% of their genes may come from you, 50% also came from someone else. Whereas with your neighbor, if you share the same eye color, same skin color, and same hair color, chances are that you may have more than 50% in common with them genetically, especially if you happen to live in a small community. In general, imbreeding is only a problem in those rare cases when a recessive gene is passed from both partners, in which case the offspring won't have a healthy gene to make up for that weakness (blond hair, blue eyes). But as procreation isn't an issue, that rare chance of both recessive genes being passed on isn't an issue. As far as the other "Ick" aspect to it, neither of you had any relationship beforehand, neither of you had any knowledge beforehand, so there are no intentions of incest in the act. It's not like you helped raise them from a child, and imprinted in their life as a father figure (that came later). Sure, once you find out about a blood relationship, there will be an awkward moment, and the romance may be gone, but before then it really isn't any different than dating anyone else.

I mean, there is a reason why Woody Allen is considdered a sicko, and it has little to do with his movies. He adopted a child, and then when she was old enough, had sex with her, and eventually married her. Although they were not blood related, it is still a disgusting act because he was "father" to her.

And as said, even those chances are very remote since most sperm banks trade their stock with other banks around the country to prevent that sort of thing. You actually run a greater chance of running into a long lost cousin, or in some cases, a sibling. I'm not trying to sell you on incest here or anything, it's still sick. The moral of the story is really that you should be more careful about who you sleep with, sperm donor or not.

Btw, is that normally giving them away for free or is there any reward?

Decal_mirror, I don't know how goes it in another countries, as I know in Spain the reward is between 40-50 € for donating, depending of the region.

Archived