Lisette Bard for home?

minchuk4

• 3 weeks later...

In the original, pre-SE Skyrim, there is a mod called "Anyone as follower or spouse plus divorce option" by Hirodina at https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/4139/? .

It has a set of downloadable text format batch files that perform a series of console commands to change any NPC to a follower. You run the bat files in a console command (instructions in the mod description). I think the console commands are mostly the same between original Skyrim and SE, so they may work in SE. I have used this mod successfully in original Skyrim to turn Sylja of Shore's Stone into a follower, but have not tried this in SE.

​Some things to watch out for when making an NPC a follower:

1. NPCs are at a set level do not auto-level with the player. As-is, they may be relatively weak for higher level players. Fortunately, their level, stats, and even perks can be adjusted with console commands. A list of console commands is available at the Skyrim Wiki at http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Console

​2. NPCs turned into followers might not respond to the player with all the dialogue options you would expect from a normal follower. Using a follower framework mod like Amazing Follower Teaks (AFT) may help give them more dialogue options when your character speaks to them. I think the NPC's voice type may determine which dialogue options are available.

3. Depending on AI settings in the NPC's file, which can be modified in the Creation Kit, they might not hang around at your player's home, since they were created to remain at a particular location . AFT has a dialogue option "Dismiss, but hang out here" that might work to keep them in your home (or other location). Their AI settings may also determine their daily schedule, such as when they eat, sleep, or travel to a particular location and hang out - those can be modified using the Creation Kit. If you dismiss them, they may return to their original location (or not), depending on their settings. If she is well-behaved, as-is, you may not need to modify her AI settings with the Creation Kit.

​4. I am not sure if a NPC bard turned into a follower would sing songs in your player's home as if she were still at the Winking Skeever, but it would be worth a try.

​I hope your player is not a Stormcloak sympathizer, because Lisette's Imperial propaganda songs may get on your nerves...

Good luck!

Edited by ScottC12

• 1 year later...

I was trying to use UFO (Ultimate Followers Overhaul) and "My Home is Your Home" mods to kidnap Lisette and give Proudspire Manor as her new home. Lisette will live, eat, sleep, etc. but won't play an instrument or sing, nor any dialogue option for requests.

I got the idea using the two female bards from Hearthfire (BYOH) Oriella and Sonir because once they are in PlayerFollowerFaction I took one to Leveler's Tower (player home mod) and the other to Underground Bathhouse (player home mod) and they will live, play instruments, sing, and take requests.

Then for the past few days been try to make Lisette be a bard at Proudspire Manor using Creation Kit, since I tried both Hearthfire bards at Hjerim and Proudspire Manor and they work ok. Tried giving Lisette all the BYOH scripts, AI Package, and Factions to no avail.

It seems the default Skyrim.esm bards won't bard unless they are at an Inn and it is public.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/669999-bard-is-not/

I came across a few Lisette Follower mods here at Nexus but couldn't see that they were bards in player homes. Maybe one of these modder genius's can figure out how Hearthfire bards quantum physics work and Skyrim vanilla doesn't, Lol !

I think I will punish my follower Lisette at Proudspire Manor for not singing or dancing and send her to the Underground Bathhouse jail and torture area for a few days to a week! rofl

P.S. Vilja knows how to get Lydia to sing in duet with her and Lydia has the same voice as Lisette, I wonder how Emma did that? It's all over my head in know-how.

Edited by TempLapseReason