[LE] Moving and naked mannequins... debate!

cumbrianlad

I have never tried doing any modding however mannequins have brought me here because beyond all efforts i cannot stop them from moving, cannot find any existing mods to alleviate my pain so i am restorting to the "fine ill do it myself" method. my question being, am i missing something? is there any major reason why you would create a duplicate race for the mannequins rather than just change the default "manakinrace" to immobile? Please be kind if im suggesting something completely cretinous, i have no experience with CK. Thanks in advance :D. (ps you dont actually have to be kind... bully me all you want)

Navmesh is the solution.

Mannequins are NPC's and need navmesh to move around.

Make a triangle navmesh.

Fasten the vertices in right and left foot, on the top side of the foot, and one on the floor, in the middle, aligned with the heels.

No scripts other than MannequinActivatorSCRIPT

Mannequins navmeSS pic

Navmeshes do not work when you have a lot of mannequins within the same cell for whatever reason. Even when there arent that many in a cell it can still fail for whatever reason, no matter the conditions (some people say it works fine if the navmesh is slightly larger than the xmarkerheading but i have still encountered problems with this) not to mention navmeshes are a retroactive fix, i.e if i download a playerhome mod with lots of mannequins i then need to go and open it up in CK and add a navmesh island to each individual mannequin that the mod author didnt or didnt do properly which is time consuming and annoying.

This mod that i have made https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/53468?tab=posts&BH=0 using the techniques listed on this forum (i found this while trying to fix this myself and then upon discovery thought there must be something wrong with it if it hadn't been made a mod before) changing the race of the default manakin race it automatically makes all mannequins immobile.

The main issue with this is it will be incompatible with mods that change the race file, but easily patchable, much easier than nav meshes, and thats a pretty niche amount of mods anyway.

Bu t yes went on a bit of tangent but navmesh islands are good for small amounts of mannequins, useless for lots of mannequins. If you want, try out my mod maybe you will see what i mean. All feedback is very much appreciated. putting this for anyone who stumbles on this thread or returns to it hoping to find a mod doing what this thread suggests. :)

Have a nice day!

Hi jakblue22

Back in 2017, cumbrianlad wrote (post #4): I duplicated the 'manakinrace' and unchecked 'walks' and 'swims', checking 'immobile' instead.

I didn't even read that :laugh: and I didn't know I was writing in Skyrim forum either (OMG :ohmy: ), I normaly stick to SSE forums.

But good that I did, becourse you, jakblue22, made a mod based on the ideas of cumbrianlad, which is a big help for those unable to edit manakinrace in CK.
Further more what your mod do, is making all mannequiens in Skyrim stay immobile, as originaly intended by Bethesda.
So it seems, judging from all the positive feedback on your modpage.

I made tests on the 12 mannequiens in my playerhouse, full equiped and not equiped, half equiped, went from int. to ext. and back, made travels, saves, waited weeks and all good.

None of them moved.
But as you speculate, what if there are many, say 40+ then what. I don't know as I haven't tested that huge amount. And I guess I won't do it either.
It's obvious - at least to me - that this method should solve the problem once and for all.

I am going to test this method in my mod, and now with no navmesh. I mean, why nevmesh, mannequins should forever be immobile as a rockcliff right :)

You write this is your first mod. Amazing. You just installed CK, went in and changed the race and made the mod.

I must say you're a fantastic investigator and you have done all players a great favor.
I realy hope all modders will include this simple and easy litle fix in mods with mannequiens. Easy when you know what and how to do it :)

Finaly thank you for the offer, downloading your mod. I don't know why I should, now I know the way to fix the problem, other than to be able to endorse your mod, which it deserves :)

Thank you, and a ditto nice day to you jakblue22