OBMM location?

Hanri

Okay guys, i have been using OBMM for a while and it worked pefectly, but recently i uninstalled everything and reinstalled oblivion. Now when i try to load OBMM again it just says to put in Oblivion installion directory but i cant seem to find it. When i installed oblivion i made folder named Bethesda in the desktop and installed everything there but for some reason OBMM says that its not the installion directory. What i can do? I have searched and only other place where is any Oblivion stuff is in my games where the saves are. Please somebody? Thank you!

The desktop is a lousy place to install the game (I may be wrong but I think it also falls under UAC's clutches). Install the game in C:\Games\Oblivion. Here's a link to Bben46's Oblivion reinstall procedure. If you use the Steam version of the game don't miss the link near the top of the page about moving your Steam install location, and don't skip the registry cleaning step ... it's important (especially in your case after your 'install experiment').

The desktop is a lousy place to install the game (I may be wrong but I think it also falls under UAC's clutches). Install the game in C:\Games\Oblivion. Here's a link to Bben46's Oblivion reinstall procedure. If you use the Steam version of the game don't miss the link near the top of the page about moving your Steam install location, and don't skip the registry cleaning step ... it's important (especially in your case after your 'install experiment').

Yeah i dont usually use desktop but its easy to access, and my last oblivion was also on the desktop and it didnt cause any troubles. Im not using Steam version its the 5th aniversary. So do you think that i shoud re install oblivion again? I mean its clean install right now and the game works fine, but i just cant get the OBMM to work. Btw thanks for the fast reply.

If you're good with using Windows Explorer and figuring out what your desktop location's equivalent of C:\<WhatverFolderYouUsed>\Oblivion is, then install OBMM to that folder. I'm not a big fan of using the desktop for anything besides shortcuts to programs installed in their own directories (and in my case on their respective drive, I have a RAID 0 for games and another drive just for non-game programs).

If you have had a previous install of the game you may be running into registry leftovers messing things up too. One of the challenges troubleshooting various people's problems is all the variation in starting points leading to those problems. If you started on the west coast and I started on the east coast we could both arrive at the same point in 'Middle America' ... we just couldn't use directions intended for the other person. The more 'personalized' your game the more self sufficient you need to be.