LordWushin

32 members have voted

1. 1. What you think!

• Fake
    • Possible
    • Highly Probable
    • Awesome Idea
    • No preference

Do not think this is another question or such. Tom's Guide has put out a blog post, which Game Informer posted too.

Fact is I think it would be kind of cool. Especially if it is going to be like the site says. I play LOTRO and SWTOR. TESO would be a game we could relate to, I just hope it is different from the other MMO out there in a better way.

That is a little different Thor. Trying to make Skyrim into a MMO is, in my opinion, a cheap imitation of an actual dedicated game for MMO style of play. A mod very similar to this one was made for Oblivion, and honestly went no where. Playing against or with others in Skyrim is a great idea and quite a twist, but is nothing like a MMO.

I honestly think there maybe some truth in the report, reporting that a MMO will be announced this year by Beth - even if it is not TES or Fallout. Something big is going to come out this year, just like how Skyrim was the big thing two Christmas's ago.

I voted fake because that's what I hope it is. There's no point in BGS making an MMO because I guarantee it'll do what the usual new MMO does: Sticks around for a few months, then goes F2P, then dies. Waste of time, that would be.

I voted fake because that's what I hope it is. There's no point in BGS making an MMO because I guarantee it'll do what the usual new MMO does: Sticks around for a few months, then goes F2P, then dies. Waste of time, that would be.

not BGS, thats why the have Zenimax Online Studios which was made to make MMOs

I see this as very unlikely, and if it is real, Beth will have incredible hurdles to overcome to make it remotely viable for long-term play. For one thing, what base character format would they go with? Morrowind style with loads of class/stat options? Oblivion stripped down a bit? Or Skyrim wannabe-FPS style? If the latter, would there really be much to hold those players who love TES for the lore and RPG core versus those who just want a fast hack-n-slash game with a minimum of stats to deal with? Remember, the main parts of most MMOs that keep folks playing these days are focusing on improving gear/stats/skills to pursue more challenging content, not just hitting a hard cap and roaming randomly hoping to find a new mini-dungeon with the same content as the previous dozen mini-dungeons.

They can't seriously go after something like SWTOR has - while slapping MMO elements over a single-player game was unique, it most definitely was NOT something that could help keep players maintaining their subscriptions for extended periods of time (we will see just how badly they have hemorrhaged accounts on their next quarterly report, initial reports from folks tracking server status are not looking good for EA). Making the game focused around a single-player story experience would also be VERY difficult should they try to keep the Skyrim model and have no classes to center those stories around. While they could try to focus on races, that only really goes so far without pushing for a stronger world/factional PvP element to add to the tensions between races for a more engaging story.

Above and beyond all that, we have all experienced firsthand just how high a quality Bethesda shows in their QA department (hint: nonexistent) - does anyone really trust them to have a release of a new game in a play-format they have zero experience in with a minimum of game-breaking bugs? Can anyone else foresee a repeat of the "oops, we broke resists with this patch" in a live MMO environment where the consequences become far more visible as players abuse that against certain difficult mob-fights, while others get slaughtered relentlessly by lower level caster-types and give up playing completely in frustration?

While Beth may try to jump feet-first into the MMO arena, they have serious need of testing the waters and learning firsthand what they are doing, before they put the reputation of their flagship brand on the line. I don't think anyone wants to see massive fallout against the TES name because Bethsoft didn't take the time to actually work out the differences between successful MMO experiences and those which last a few months then get forgotten before going F2P after multiple server merges... and being essentially a WoW clone is not the formula for that success either, as games like Rift, Aion, Vanguard and others can affirm.