Stealth does not matter

BurningFalcon

Is it just me, or is stealth some kind of buggy?

I'm having 100 Sneak, wearing light armor and use the silent spell perk from the illusion-tree.
When I place runes, the enemies hear them, go to them, get hurt due the explosion and immediately rush over to my position. And is sometimes doesn't even matter if I move around.

Similar happens when using a bow. They hear my firing the bow and rush towards me. Or if they see someone of their kin dead, they also rush to my position.

I never had problems with a bow in Skyrim, never used spells+stealth in combination though, but it seems not to work in SE.

Is this supposed to happen? Or is it just buggy? Does someone know if there's a mod around 'fixing' that?

There's something wrong in your game if you've got the sneak skills and the silent spell perk and enemies are still reacting like you describe. I most frequently play as a sneaky mage and once I get that perk from the illusion tree I'm almost never spotted. They will hear a rune exploding though, so don't stay too close to the runes you've placed.

Well yea, I can go right behind them, when it's dark enough even right before them.
They simply hear where the shot comes from, so if I miss or there are more enemies, they usually go hunt for me, by moving right into my direction. Since bows are not noiseless, though they are set silent in the CK, I get that they can hear it if I'm close to them.

For the silent spells. Hearing the explosions are right normal, ofc, but setting a rune at max range (increased trap range perk), they hear them, and somestimes go straight into the trap, sometimes move around it, but if anyone is hit by the rune and survives, they go straight to my position, even if I moved away.
Don't get me wrong, they don't see me immediatly, the just *presume* pretty good where I are. They only see me if they get hit by runes like 3 times and still live, than they can see me, whyever.

A bow makes a loud noise... if you want to accelerate an inanimate object to the speed that it will kill something, that's how it works ?

This is how we should be in rpgs.. but I'm not even sure if he grasped it all that well

Maybe bucklers were meant to be worn on your bow holding arm

Just some form of protection that didn't hinder aim etc but gave you some form of defense :D

Edit I mean if we can culturally forget that much heh.. why not the buckler too ?

Well yea, I can go right behind them, when it's dark enough even right before them.

They simply hear where the shot comes from, so if I miss or there are more enemies, they usually go hunt for me, by moving right into my direction. Since bows are not noiseless, though they are set silent in the CK, I get that they can hear it if I'm close to them.

For the silent spells. Hearing the explosions are right normal, ofc, but setting a rune at max range (increased trap range perk), they hear them, and somestimes go straight into the trap, sometimes move around it, but if anyone is hit by the rune and survives, they go straight to my position, even if I moved away.

Don't get me wrong, they don't see me immediatly, the just *presume* pretty good where I are. They only see me if they get hit by runes like 3 times and still live, than they can see me, whyever.

Yes, if you miss they will hunt for you and after an explosion of a rune they assume someone is nearby and start searching. That's normal. You're staying too close to the point of impact if they are finding you though. They will search the area and if you're using certain mods they'll search for a reasonable time and in a fairly wide radius.

There was one mod for oldrim that adjusted perception radius dependent on light levels from mods, but as a general rule of thumb you have to assume whatever you see is your bad eyesight hehe, everyone else in the game world has 5-10 hours of not needing a flaming torch to see the road etc, have let their eyes adjust..

I'm not saying what they have is in any way right... but hearing the thunk of an arrow hitting into someones skull I assume sounds like a coconut being cracked... followed by the sound of a sack full of potatoes being dumped on the ground... ;)

There was one mod for oldrim that adjusted perception radius dependent on light levels from mods, but as a general rule of thumb you have to assume whatever you see is your bad eyesight hehe, everyone else in the game world has 5-10 hours of not needing a flaming torch to see the road etc, have let their eyes adjust..

I'm not saying what they have is in any way right... but hearing the thunk of an arrow hitting into someones skull I assume sounds like a coconut being cracked... followed by the sound of a sack full of potatoes being dumped on the ground... :wink:

Yea, I get the sounds of the arrow-attacks, which do make sense for me. Yet, to know the exact position of mine while I'm in stealth (from a straight line to a maximum of a 2mm open eye) no matter how far away I am.

Though, the seem to not mind if you kill someone in melee, which also would make hell of a sound with some kill-cam attacks. Especially fellows in armor falling down on stone, in crypthalls, yet they don't mind that. XD

Same goes for exploding runes, searching the area is fine, but always running to my exact same position is just nonsense. To me it just looks like failed scripting.

The funniest part for me with arrows and stealth is when I miss (I don't use cross-hairs so make a game of long distance shots) and every person or animal goes to look at the arrow for long enough time for me to kill them with the 2nd.. if you are far enough outside the detection range / invisible / maxed out sneaking boots / rings / necklaces then the noise of that person being killed just attracts more enemy ai packages to go and stare at the dead body scratching their head like 10 arrows half sticking out of the ground, all coming from a specific trajectory, and one dead body with an arrow through their head is something that they should stand still looking at instead of running for cover ... maybe my biggest immersion killer :smile:

When they come looking for me it makes sense, but usually they cannot find me unless I move I guess... they just know a direction to explore maybe ?