SSE Creation Kit and creating npc replacer issues

Tylersteinfeldt01

So as of late I've been tinkering with the ck, trying to edit npcs. . . adding hairs from apachii or KS, changing tints and slider values and whatnot. In the ck everything looks fine, so I save and check my mod in game. . And the result is blah vanilla hair, no shape changes, and black face. . Disable/Enable/setnpcweight doesnt do anything but fix the face color. .

So I did some more research into my files, everything in "\Data\meshes\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom\<nameofmodfile>.esp\" and "\Skyrim\Data\Textures\actors\character\FaceGenData\FaceTint\<nameofmodfile>.esp\" is correct. I tried exporting the facegen data again, (for some reason ctrl+f4 didn't bring up any window like I'm used to) and checked files again, still good, load game, same buggy result. I'm kinda lost at this point and could use some help.

Am I missing something? Is there a fix for this?

You have to use Ctrl+F4 after making any NPC changes. If nothing pops up, then I don't think it worked. I haven't used SSE CK, but I'm going to assume that has the same problem as Classic CK. Make sure that you go to the "Actor" category, not the "All" category when you select your NPC. If you go to the All category, Ctrl+F4 doesn't work. It makes no sense, but that's how it is.

You have to use Ctrl+F4 after making any NPC changes. If nothing pops up, then I don't think it worked. I haven't used SSE CK, but I'm going to assume that has the same problem as Classic CK. Make sure that you go to the "Actor" category, not the "All" category when you select your NPC. If you go to the All category, Ctrl+F4 doesn't work. It makes no sense, but that's how it is.

That definitely helped. I was able to export the facegen through the ck. Facial morphs are correct. But for some reason my npc replacer still generates with vanilla hair. . I have the hair mod set as master and load it in the ck and check the facegen in nifskope, everything seems to be in order. . The game just isn't loading the hair. .

Ah! Cool! Yeah just what I was looking for! Thanks! Alternatively I realized the CK was removing my masters. Found a fix using wyre bash making the CK recognize my hair mod as a master temporarily. Forum post here

But standalone is great! Provides me a better knowledge base! Thank you!! :) :)