Spawns of the Commonwealth (WOTC 2 New Thread)

SMB92

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the way the game engine works no mod can be truly stable no matter how "lightweight" it is. At least Fallout 4 is far more stable than 3 and NV. God those games hate my current rig. Hell I think they just hated me in general.

Off topic but anyways now that SMB92 has taken over the thing is building anew from scratch I have high faith it will turn out great. Not to say WotC is terrible. It just needs a lot of TLC.

Personally I would prefer a more randomized script based encounter but placed markers alone for an overall more lively experience would still beat vanilla by leagues. True Storms is the one I usually go back to for the radstorm hoard. It's rather hard to plan for exactly when you will get a radstorm in that case. I tend to get caught while trading water and .38 for drugs/ supplies. When all you have is a baseball bat drugs and a robot slave it can get rough...

A question @SMB92 - would it be valid to generate a random location somewhere outside a 512u wide circle (but in the same cell) around the player, place a partly random amount of leveled NPCs there and let the game handle the rest, like cleanup, hostility etc.?

That's exactly what my SKK instant battleground mod does, but on demand rather than random ad-hoc surprise. Minimum radius is 2,000 game units else the game engine has problems finding good navmesh to spawn on and NPCs drop inelegantly from the sky. I looked at a random surprise spawn function but the user experience is less good.

My use of static markers may seem too generic at first glance, but you might be pleasantly surprised. There's a couple of things I do now to randomise the position of group spawns, which actually came to be due to multithreading and multi group spawn concerns. Although this still relies on static markers and some fine tuning is needed (particularly for planned interior spawns), this alleviates some of that predictability.

Oh... Well in that case the anticipation is probably killing you as much if not more so than the rest of us.

Last time I had to mess with RMA was with my old faithful GTX 780. The first board lacked just about any solder [how in the hell is that possible? lol]. Was a painful 30 day wait but worth it. Love that card and the replacement still runs to this day [albeit I've had to replace the fan]. On that note of all the customer services I've ever had to deal with Nvidea was one of the best. Maybe I just stuck gold and got the one cool guy and not the 10,000 other turds. In any case hope it all works out for the best.

Finally got the PC up and running last night, new parts arrived during the day. Didn't get around to tweaking many new settings, but I have updated my signature with the basics. Tonight I will see what this thing is made of and set it up for efficient 24/7 use. So far it seems to be a good sample of a CPU.

BTW folks for your convenience I've posted the Discord server invite into my signature so you don't have to look far to get it :) Should have thought of that sooner.

I don't mind the waiting on this mod though. Mods like this turns fallout 4 into something special.
Plus add up the old world radio's [retro style] synthstreamFM. Hell, Time to shot your way to the top.
Currently using the WOTC, and its already epic. I don't mind the hic-ups. Besides, the game turns, boring into fun.

Edited by sephironth

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mind the waiting on this mod though. Mods like this turns fallout 4 into something special.

Plus add up the old world radio's [retro style] synthstreamFM. Hell, Time to shot your way to the top.

Currently using the WOTC, and its already epic. I don't mind the hic-ups. Besides, the game turns, boring into fun.

Yep, I agree, I am also using WOTC, which it is essential in my load order, I mean, I cannot imagine playing this game without it ever again, so I am also can't wait for this one which will be more challenging, stable and fun to play with.