Spawns of the Commonwealth (WOTC 2 New Thread)

SMB92

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hay I have a problem no a crisis I cant equip both my leather hot pants and my cute mini skirt at the same time and it's terrible just terrible ha ha ha just kidding in all seriousness could someone make a simple mod that only applies to the player character that allows you to equip as many armors peases as you like at one the effects don't have to stack I just want it for cosmetics thanx =)

Edited by demonlordlucifer

Dear poster who posted directly above this post who's name I don't care to mention.

I'm not gonna indulge that question on my thread, surely you can get more attention with a new post. Come on, common sense aye

PUBLIC STATUS UPDATE:

(Notice - Please ignore the dips**t above who decided to post vitriol in my thread. Hint: the guy with the uh, "blasphemous" name. Not that I'm religious or anything)

The core of the new modular engine is now completed, with the main spawnpoint code now also complete. Work now begins on establishing an alpha demo file, which will not be for feedback purposes but rather a showcase of how the basics works. Following that I need to work on documentation for the new modular engine for both public feedback/balance trials and modders.Â

The following features will not be included in the core release of the mod, and instead will be made into addons:

-Terminators: A concensus arised that this should be made into an add on file. It will also prove to be a good example plugin on how modders can add their own enemies to the mod
-Story Mode - A lot more research needs to be done to line this up properly. Too much for the core. No story faction actors will feature in the core engine for some time to come (maybe, with the exception of Synths)
-Stronghold Patrols - While I will be including the core code for this in the core engine, I will be making this a separate addon for compatibility purposes. This is the feature where extra enemies patrol uncleared enemy "strongholds". Well tbh I haven't decided if I will make it an addon, or if I will make a menu to disable each individual location (which may be a better approach to compatibility really)

And as most of you should know, Turf Wars was permanently dropped - it was rather primitive in it's design and held back the new modular approach. Altough it was pretty cool to have, I am sure folks would much rather have third party support.

And on that last note, I now dub the mod with a new official name - SpawnEngine (aka SOTC) and will be released under this title.Â

Alpha demo should be available this weekend on the discord server, at least to private testers should any issues arise.Â

The official release name will now be F4-SpawnEngine aka Spawns of the Commonwealth. I decided this a while ago, but SOTC is stuck in people's minds. The mod you might referring to is SOTS, South of the Sea, unless there is another.