[LE] Help getting meshes to work in Skyrim

aloha23

Hi everyone,

Trying to work on my first mod, mainly for personal use. However I'm very inexperienced at creating mods and the import/export process and doing things more complex than changing a texture in nifskope. I've read and tried to follow several different kinds of tutorials but I cant seem to get what I'm trying to do to work.

I'm currently trying to figure out how to use Witcher 3 architecture models, provided by rroobboo 999 on youtube, as its my understanding that the Witcher models are available to use as long as its not for profit. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The original files are for C4D and so I have been using that program to try and export them into obj or 3ds files. Importing obj files from either C4D or Blender results in missing meshes and errors in Nifskope. Importing 3ds files seems to work better, however the texture blocks have material properties instead of the usual BSSLightingShaderproperty and textureset blocks. Placing textures into the existing blocks will work in nifskope so I know that the uvmaps are correct for the meshes. And it will allow me to edit the uvmap, but when I delete those blocks and try to copy over the proper texture blocks from a working skyrim nif, it will give me the nif versions differ error. Importing the 3ds into a working skyrim nif seemed to work once but only for part of the mesh. The rest wouldnt take any textures. Trying to create a new uvmap from scratch would be pretty impossible for me.

Alternatively, I have tried to copy the mesh into a working Skyrim nif and it gives me an error.

I have also tried to export it as a nif in both Blender 2.49 and the latest Blender and following tutorials for those. I cant seem to figure out how to get it to work and when it did seem to work, the uvmaps I tried to create just didnt work to place the textures properly.

Is there any way to make the meshes usable while keeping the uvmaps? or if anyone can help me figure out how to make these meshes usable that would be amazing. I feel a little overwhelmed in what I thought might be a more streamlined process.

Thanks.