Random temp freezes from mods

loggabhod

(I know this post is old but i suppose there are still people with these issues)
I had a similar problem where my sound freezes for around 15/40 seconds only to blast all the collected sounds trough my speakers afterwards and screen freezes with the same amount of time.
Took me alot of time to figure it out, tried many ini tweaks etc and found out all of that did nothing.
On my setup i found the problem outside of playing fallout 4 while playing a video on VLC player which did exactly the same.
Taking a look on the windows event viewer "eventvwr.msc" reveiled i had issues/yellow exclamation marks with the default windows sata controller driver / pending disk IO writes/recovery's (No bad sectors/pending sectors on my SSD)

Manually forcing the AMD sata AHCI driver on the "IDE ATA/ATAPI-Controllers" section in device management fixed everything on my situation. Yellow exclamation marks are of the past.
On the AMD website take a look on the drivers section, choose chipset driver and point to the one you have.
(Intel has an driver as well, google for "Rapid Storage Technology (Intel® RST) user interface and driver")

-Installing the AMD chipset driver with the installer skips this section so you have to install them manually.
On device manager: Click on the sata controllers (2 in my case) choose update driver manually* and Point to the extracted folder from the chipset installer "C:\AMD\Chipset_Driver_Installer\AMD_Chipset_Drivers\IODriver\AHCI\SATA Driver\W7\x64" Yes it's W7 but works fine on W10

(Ryzen 1600X, X370 Chipset)
*Don't know the exact english phrases, because i have another language.

-Edit
Found another solution named "AHCI Link Power Management - HIPM/DIPM" ( Add AHCI Link Power Management to Power Options in Windows )

inside the advanced windows power profile options.
On default this option is hidden under the Harddisk sleep time minutes setting.

Edited by Phenos

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

FOUND IT! It was https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20445/? mainly because there was suppose to be 2 main files that you install separately but nexus give an nmm option which only downloads on of the 2 main files. No more issues, I still don't see how this would only collide specific mods like BLD or Frost and not just all mods, but it did and now it doesn't so i'm all good here.

TYVM its works for me. You saved my fallout 4 game with 200+ mods. Much appreciated