Mod x Mod - Dismemberment > Prosthetic > Cybernetic / New Limb - 'Oh No! I lost a Limb!'

undeademon

Short story:

A Mod Combining Live Dismemberment & CROSS Pre-War Cybernetics or/w other prosthetic mods (to allow variety/less requirements)

Allowing you to now attach a new arm to yourself (or companions)

Long Story: (Things get complicated here)

Figured it'd be a cool idea to have a mod that bridges a gap when losing a arm for Live Dismemberment, and be a nice tie in.

Simplest version of this mod, would be to allow replacement of limbs (proooobably not that simple.)

Complex version would be a Big Fat Overhaul which will subsequently be Objectively & Subjectively judged on by everyone in the comments, yay for me! =D

Oh No Future Survivor! You've blown off your limb and/or mangled for life! We told you not to play with that Firecracker Timmy, and now your hand is all mangled. BUT! GOOD NEWS! You don't need to go to a doctor for a silly stimpak! Head over to [PLACEHOLDER] Today! and have your silly old flesh replaced with a cool new robot limb! That's right! You can be just like the Mechanist's sidekick! Looking good now Timmy, you'll be the talk of the school with all the boys and girls, with your new Robo Limb!

Not responsible/Liable for Death, Self-dismemberment Before or After Limb Reassignment, or Actions of customer. All attachments are Sold Separately.

p.s. That was your Description.

Pros:

• Limb Replacement for Live Dismemberment
  • A very friendly way to return your limb
  • Could be influenced by Faction (Gonna spit ideas only, nothing dead set)
  • Minutemen - Simple Prosthetic Workshop (or something else)
  • BoS - Gun Prosthetic/Power Armor Cybernetics (Like Guts)
  • Railroad - Synth Cybernetics/TINKER TOM'S SPECIALS!!!~ (gauss rifle & Railroad gun not included)
  • The Institute - Fresh new Limbs/Courser Level Cybernetics

DLC versions (Optional, again stupid ideas)

• Automatron - Ada's Blueprints/Isabel's Improvements (Essentially Literal Robot replacements, must be obsurd)
  • Far Harbor - Cannon Arm (no good ideas, just stick this in BoS really)
  • Nuka World - I don't think I need to explain the idea here. Just whatever is the most sadistic s*** you can put on a prosthetic arm, with no real tech.
  • Remove Your own broken limb
  • JuST HaND M-Me ThAT SaW A-ANd i'LL CuT iT oFF MY SeLf!!!
  • $ $ $ P R O F I T ! ! ! $ $ $

Cons:

• Requirements to make the Prosthetics
  • Faction locked prosthetics
  • Some limb replacements are too complicated for field application, requiring settlement application (unless lite version)
  • Risk you could become a stump - gabbad2
    p-please . . . end my suffering . . . .
    I'LL BITE 'YER LEGS OFF!
  • 'my brain stopped here, so please add your own cons'

Developing Challenges

I AM NOT A MODDER

So please add your input and I will add it here.

Challenges

• Someone has to make it, Obviously
  • It's a combination of two mods, and likely more, depending on how open the mod is - Scripting
  • Not all of the suggested ideas, actually have a mod to it, so it would require someone who has skill at making models.
  • What I suggested would also require a special bench, or a altered existing model (likely one from Automatron, or from the Institute
  • YOU NEED PERMISSION - Making combinations of mods together, would require permission, or acknowledgement of the original mods
  • Possible conflicting Models, and method of blending body part to character - from kingtobbe
  • ??? - [Add more challenges here]

Answers to these challenges

• All clothing are compatible with Dismemberment, so fewer adjustments are required - gabbad2

Alright, I hope you liked this, and please do share this idea to anyone you think would love this to be a reality. I will try to share it, but I don't have the necessary social access to who i can share this to.

Thank you!

Edited by undeademon

Any outfits where limb is visible has said limb part of that outfits model. Most have a seperate model aside from that for gands or gloves. So basically you would need to remake every outfit you want to be able to wear. Massive undertaking on par with cbbe or wonderbody, and that's just for the vanilla outfits.

I'm not sure what I am missing here, but from a surface perspective, doesn't CROSS Pre-War Cybernetics cover or replace the model over the arm? I haven't had a full examination of it.

Typically, if a mod becomes that popular, I'd suspect changes for that, to make it compatible with other model/body changes would have to be inevitable, either by the modder, the incompatible mod's modder, or a third party mod.

Any outfits where limb is visible has said limb part of that outfits model. Most have a seperate model aside from that for gands or gloves. So basically you would need to remake every outfit you want to be able to wear. Massive undertaking on par with cbbe or wonderbody, and that's just for the vanilla outfits.

I'm not sure what I am missing here, but from a surface perspective, doesn't CROSS Pre-War Cybernetics cover or replace the model over the arm? I haven't had a full examination of it.

Typically, if a mod becomes that popular, I'd suspect changes for that, to make it compatible with other model/body changes would have to be inevitable, either by the modder, the incompatible mod's modder, or a third party mod.

It should be easy enough to find an unused armor slot.... so no redoing everything and since all the clothing is compatible with disemberments well no need to edit all the outfits.... the scripting should on the otherhand a bit harder. so youll be playing with no arms but a prostetic arm as an outfit... https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/images/68420

Edited by gabbad2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah I have been looking exactly for something similar, I use live dismemberment and my settlers are often walking around with 1 arm and the other is just a floating skeleton arm ruining immersion. We seriously need this lol
We also need head decals that actually work. that would be awesome!

Edited by Arcanant