Some Physics-Enabled Butts Clip on Bounce; Others Don't?

Vyxenne

I have converted a lot of outfit mods to UUNP-HDT body type in Outfit Studio and then built them to my custom preset in Bodyslide. The conversions all "fit" just fine, but I have discovered that I'm getting two distinctly different results from the exact same set of conversion actions: Some meshes fit fine until physics occurs (I'm using CBP physics in SSE but the same thing occurred when I used Dragonfly BBP) and others don't clip but correctly follow the underlying body part (breasts or butt) as they jiggle, without clipping at all. This holds true even if I fit the outfit closely to breasts and/or butt in Outfit Studio.

Specific examples- two very similar pants and dresses, breast and/or butt bone weights copied identically to all in Outfit Studio:

• Luxurious Seduction trousers are very close fitting yet do not clip at all when underlying body parts jiggle/bounce around as I run or jump- the pants faithfully follow the underlying butt cheeks around as they bounce- just as they should do. :yes:
  • Hip-Huggers jeans clip horribly when physics jiggling occurs even though I have fit and refit them several times, each time making them looser and looser to try to stop the clipping. Although I do manage to (finally!) get them loose enough to stop clipping, at that point they look like 'baggin saggers' and I can't stand to wear them with their satchel-butt appearance. They are supposed to be tight-fitting jeans! :confused:
  • Elven Archer dresses don't clip at all, breasts or butt, when physics-driven bounce/jiggle occurs
  • Summerwear Dresses clip horribly, especially on the butt, when physics-driven bounce/jiggle occurs; by the time I get them loose enough to stop clipping I need a "WIDE :nuke: LOAD" sign on my hips. :verymad:

I can't fix this until I understand why it's happening, and would appreciate any help. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If it's hip hugger jeans then you want to do a body zap. Check out this youtube video it explains how to do a body zap on areas that are completely covered by clothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWNJmn5KIJ0

Hope that helps some.

Well, thanks for the link- I do body zaps all the time, so I'm familiar with the process. Sadly, unlike the FO4 Commonwealth Shorts outfit in the video you linked, which also include a shirt and therefore have a reference included in the mesh, Hip-Hugger jeans do not have a reference body in the nif- only torso (Biped Slot 32) items have a body in the nif- so although I have tried several times to get body zaps to work with pants-only meshes in Skyrim and SSE, they never do. In most cases, the outfits themselves (the pants) end up completely invisible in-game despite me correctly applying the zap to the body and not to the outfit.