A work for FO3Edit people

Deleted1205226User

Hi,
I tried to removed the DLC requirement and references in the Clarity Dark nights (a mod that changes ImageSpaceModifier and Lights) with FO3Edit so it works for FO3 only.
I failed lamentably, FO3Edit is not in my comfort zone.

If somebody feels like doing it, I'll gladly exchange the service with some NifSkope work/customization or basic Geck work.

Thank you,
Pix.

Do you not have the DLC's? ... otherwise it's quite simple ..

Go through the records and remove any record that overwrites a record from the DLC ESMs and leave only the ones that overwrite the Fallout3.esm

.. after that .. still in FO3Edit .. right click the "Clarity - Dark Nights.esp" .. "Clean Masters" .. then check the "File Header".

If there are any "Masters Files" left other than Fallout3.esm it means you missed some records .. just go through them again and remove those, then do the Clean Masters again.

Once the only master that's left is Fallout3.esm you're done.

Edited by skittered

No, I still have no idea why the geck is throwing that error when trying to create the SCOL with my custom pieces. .. However, I'm not entirely surprised as the geck has thrown all kinds errors at me even when using unmodified vanilla meshes.

Fortunately I already had a plan in mind for reducing the number of pieces after build completion anyway.

Hope you're successful with you're next attempt at removing the DLC requirement from Clarity. Once you get the hang of it it'll seem plenty easy.

Edited by skittered