More Player Animations

AdeptusAstrates

Hello there fellow mod users and modders :)

Have you ever felt that your character is sort of " inanimate"?

I miss all of those animations that actually already ARE in the game (for npcs)

This is stuff like: drinking, eating, sleeping, picking up an item...

Well so I would love to make the game look more realistic and "alive" by having the character do all that stuff instead of just standing there doing nothing and having all those things done magically by some internal script.

So what I would like to have, is that when one drinks stuff and closes the inventory, the character makes one drinking animation.

Same goes for eating.

And when I pick up an item, I want the character to bend for reach for that item, or If I loot chests or defeated enemies the character goes down on the knees to open the chest or browse a cropse for items.

(A good example on how I mean it is gothic, I loved the variety of player animations from that game.. when the character went to bed, we actually saw him sleeping (for some frames)

Well this is it basically what Id like to have... maybe, also some new little animations that bring even more realism and make the game more believable ... by that I mean something like frequent shivering when in cold areas..

A different type of walk if the character is walking in water... the character sometimes covering his/her eyes when watching into sun direction...

An other thing that annoys me is the very unrealistic extremely fast direction changing from character.. he looks so static when I look around, and then walk forward and the character rotates to the new direction - well he doesnt rotate, he just flips to the new postion wich looks veery lifeless... Id like to have some dynamic movement as it was on games like GTA IV .. that was a nice movement physic..

Ok, this is all for now ... It would be nice if some of you great modders could make this work ( it doesnt have to be all of this, but if you feel like you could do one or more of these things.. I would be very grateful ;) )

Unfortunately, I'm not a modder (not yet) so I can't help you with this but I definitely agree with you. I would love to see more life-like animations when trudging through water or snow, or simply changing the direction your facing. I'd love to see animations for picking things up and looting bodies that just looks like your checking the body or patting it down for stuff at least.

I don't know of any mods that do these things right now but I do know of one that adds a very simple eating and drinking animation. The mod is called "Imp's More Complex Needs" and it is on steam and skyrim nexus. Unfortunately, that is not all it does because the main focus is to make eating and sleeping needs more realistic. The animations are just kind of a side-feature. I'm not sure if it is quite what you are looking for...

Well yeah, I know Imps More Complex Needs... Though its a neat mod, in my opinion it definitely exaggerates the ting .. with all that Protein, Nutrients, Calories, Satiation etc. etc... thats way too much.. I mean, it would fit to a futuristic sience fiction game (like Fallout NV) where character indeed can keep track of those specific things.. but not on a mideval fantasy game ... Even the basic mode is a little bit too much... If so, I would only build such a mod like this:

Character is hungry, thirsty or tired.. not more, not less and no special scientific terms like Proteins, Nutrients and whatnot...

Yeah, I can totally understand where you are coming from there. It does feel a little off that a character in Skyrim's setting could know that much about their own health in that way. I thought basic mode basically did away with that and gave you text warnings only...But anyway sorry, I wish I knew of some better mods to fix what you were originally looking for with animations. There was another thread about more animations and someone linked a mod that made for better jumping animations, that look a bit more natural. I'd say that's a good start. I just looked for that thread to give you the link but I can't find it again. Why don't you have a look around for it.

Oh yea thanks.. I will take a look on the forums here to see If I find something interesting in that direction.

However, it hasn't been a long time since the CK is out ... Im pretty sure there will be many very nice mods that will add those missing animation to the players behaviour - it just takes some time :)