How to load Saves from Modders

basicjustin

Hello this may be dumb, just starting playing DA:I with mods as I started playing on my PS4 again then decided to transfer over to PC so im still learning how to make this all work, but I'm having trouble loading a save as a mod. Trying to load "Complete Schematics and Collectibles Collection" by FJVP. He has the option to load a save thats right before the Golden Nug, since im restarting on the PC i dont have it yet so I figured I could do it then transfer all his schematics down to my new toon. Problem is when I I extract it into my mod folder like every other mod it doesnt work and I cant load it. Is there some special way to make this work? Ive done 2 playthroughs on PS4 so I'd prefer to not have to hunt down all these schematics on PC. Any help is much appreciated!

You don't load a save as a mod.

You don't put a save file in your mod folder, with mods, it goes with your other saves, in

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age Inquisition\Save

If you're going to use someone's save to load up the Golden Nug, all you do is load up the save as you would any save, go to the Undercroft in Skyhold, and sync the Golden Nug to your account. Be sure you're online and logged in to do this. After you're successful, you can just delete the person's save and start your new character, then sync the Golden Nug in Haven when you get to that point.

By the way, I strongly suggest you NOT use the Origin Cloud feature. If you want to backup your saves, just go to your save folder, make a copy, and store it somewhere else. Also, save frequently, so you can go back for whatever reason if needed.

Edited by nightscrawl