Weapon Attachment Mod: custom models/Meshes appear fine in CK but are invisible in-game

SOLVED

i did not set my fallout 4 ini files to load loose files.

there was also some issues with my nif file having duplicate strings, to which i fixed.

thank you ehtyeci for pointing these two things out.

original thread:

so im new to modding and have followed all tutorials up to this point. im trying to create a melee weapon attachment mod.

i know i've done everything right, because everything appears to be fine in the Creation kit. however, my custom meshes and models do not appear in-game.

I've even gone as far as to creating COBJ, MISC, and the actual OMOD (all connected).

once i craft and install the attachment, the effects and stats i created are all correct. the attachment itself is just not there.

for reference, here are the general settings for the attachment in Creation Kit:

ttglPZK.jpg

and nifskope (updated):

O5VUKdM.jpg

The tutorial i've been following is this one:

though i am suspicious that he left out a few details. of course, i decided to make my mesh into an actual weapon attachment instead of a new weapon.

like i said, the mesh is simply not appearing in-game.

if there is anything you notice, please point it out so that i may fix it.

if there is any more information you need, please ask.

EDIT:

so it could be something wrong with my custom mesh in blender, though i'm not sure exactly what. i imported a Super Sledge model into blender in order to fit my own custom object around it, then i just made it out of the same material as the one on the hammer. was i not supposed to do this, or does it hardly matter since its just the object being exported? the tutorial never went over the basic settings needed before exporting it into an object, such as material, texture, etc. other than that, i've made sue that all faces were triangulated, as the tutorial says.

in the meantime, ill try this, but i dont want to spend so much time on figuring this out by myself. please help if you can.

EDIT:

ok, tried it and it did not go so well. CK crashed when i chose the new nif i created. so i dont know weather or not it means blender is the problem.

Solution

so let me point out one thing that appears differently when im modding compared to when MikeMoore is doing.

when i insert my object into bodyslide, it appears grey and much larger than his custom model. it also appears larger in nifskope, but i simply transform the object to fit were it needs to go.

could this be related to my issue?

Look okay. As long as it's got a name of its own. The :0 thing is just a child mesh naming system. You can still keep it as SuperBlade:0, as long as it's not just SuperBlade, since the Root is called that.

thanks a lot, but unfortunately, the mesh will still not appear in-game. it is likely to be something wrong with my actual custom mesh in blender. again, unlike mikemoore's tutorial, once i placed the 3d object in Outfit Studio the object appeared much larger. it also had no Orange-ish tint, it was just a flat grey. i dont think the size is the issue though. his mesh was smaller in blender as well. the reason my mesh is large is because i imported an object from the game to use a reference, and that object also appeared very large.

i made sure that the export settings was exactly like his from blender to an OBJ.

Did you set the bounding sphere?

Double checked that the texture path inside the nif corresponds to your texture path in Data folder?

Is your fallout ini set to load loose files?

Tbh I've seen countless of threads about this, but I have never had it myself. But I also use 3ds max to export to nif, so maybe that's why.

From what Ive seen, all NIF files in Fallout 4 use BSSubIndexTriShape for the mesh data, your NIF is using BSTriShape (the one older creation engine games use, like TES and previous Fallout games)

This might cause your NIF to be missing some required properties for the actual game