Modding Unique Weapons With The Creation Kit

Pugifier

I've never been able to think of a way of googling this to get the kind of results I want because of the word mod meaning different things, so I thought I'd just ask here.

I've used the GECK and the Construction Set before, and the Creation Kit for Skyrim, so I know the basics of how to create game mods to add new weapons for those games. Basically, things like changing the damage, adding crit effects, etc. for a unique weapon by editing an existing weapon (to borrow the model since I don't have any modeling skills) then changing the ID. Unfortunately, with the new weapon modding system in FO4 there's a lot more to the CK interface when modifying them for the game.

I'd like to learn how to do things like choose which mods can be put on my unique weapons, like restricting a double barrel to using only the sawed off barrel mod or making my mod's guns able to use mods from different weapons (thinking an assault rifle with a minigun barrel). I'd also like to learn how to make a weapon spawn equipped with specific mods in-game. Learning how to change the mod slots of stuff like armor and clothes would be a plus as well.

So if anyone knows of a basic guide or wants to give me some advice on how to find one/how to do what I'd saying with the Creation Kit, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Edited by Pugifier

Creating a basic custom weapon in the CK is not so hard. Basically you create a leveled item list, selecting the base weapon and attaching it to the unique list you create, then you create a form list with all the weapon mods you want to add. The tricky part is getting it into the game. You need to create a very simple quest the autostarts stage ten, then add the CustomitemQuestScript to the quest, and add the weapon to the script. stage is 10, ll is the one you create, form list is the one you made, and the location (Object reference or alias) can be any container in the game, or even an Xmarker if you want to leave it out in the open.

This video should help a lot