Def_UI help

Shakespony

Basically. I've tried every tip/guide/instruction I can find on the internet and I cannot for the life of me get def_ui working at all. I've reinstalled multiple times. Clean installed Fallout 4. Used only the mod so it wouldn't conflict, changed all of my .ini so they would be set up correctly. Ran the flash player thing to create the hud I want. Saved it to def_con.

Start the game. Nothing.

I've been trying to make it work for something like 8 hours.

Here's a little tidbit that might help. SO I was using a mod called "No hitmarkers -I wont let this one die-" And it was doing great. Then all of a sudden after installing "vault buddy" and trying to get that to work, which it didn't work either, all of a sudden I noticed my hit markers were back. so I reinstalled no hitmarkers and it wouldn't remove them.

I uninstalled it and set about trying to get a different mod, found Def_Hud. Tried to get that working, looks like i've installed it correctly but it still does not change my hud at all.

TL:DR ALl I wanted was hit markers gone and I think I broke my fallout.

"looks like i've installed it correctly but it still does not change my hud at all."

Did you follow the steps written in the description of DEF_UI?

Namely:

"Customizing HUD
------------------------
The default installation above will install a vanilla HUD configuration. You can also download presets that other users
have customized and published on the Nexus. If you would like to customize your HUD:
1) Open your game Data folder and navigate to Data\interface
2) Run HUDMenuSet.exe
3) Customize your HUD settings. Instructions are located within the utility.
4) Once you are done customizing, press CTRL+S and save the file as Data\interface\DEF_CONF\DEF_HUD.xml
5) Exit the program and play the game."

Better Check twice that DEF_HUD.XML is in the correct folder, because it doesn't automatically save in the correct one. That was the problem I had when it wasn't working for me.

• 6 years later...