A tale of two keys...

redstreak1

During the main Morrowind Quest I eventually ran across two sets of keys (neither is related so as not to confuse) whose purposes aren't really apparent.

First key I found at Tel Fry at the very desk of the Televanni Wizard, Fry, who cures you of corupus disease. It's labeled "Divayth's 637th Key". I thought initially that perhaps this key would unlock the stuff in the Corporsium but it didn't, and not the golden door in the Onyx Hall either (where a girl is oddly hidden I learned in a different game). Thus far it has only opened a few closets where only some lame pots were being stored of all things. I'm hoping the key opens SOMETHING more signifigant than that...can anyone confirm what this key does?

Second key I discovered at the Baram Ancestral Tomb along Azura's Coast. It is, apparently, the "key to Gimothran Master Burial". A key to another Burial tomb? There was nothing within the Baram Tomb that needed to be unlocked, so this key's purposes seems to lie beyond, but where is the question. Again, any references would be helpful guys and gals.

As I understand it (I have never tried to use them as I put security as a major skill and can pick locks at 100 early on) Divath Fyr's keys form a chain. The chests in the Corprusarium have little of interest but the chest, small chest and cupboard around Fyr give access to powerful unique items. I do not know if the key chain enables you to open these eventually but it's worth trying.

Gimothran Ancestral tomb contains a unique artifact worth collecting. I will let you find out for yourself what it is. If you want to know wherer it is check out the UESP map. Although when I last looked the main UESP site was down, the map was still operational.

I would not worry too much, no lock in morrowind is unpickable, IF you have enough skill of course. Keys are just there to make your life easier and take up room in your inventory, the only time that keys are essential is when NPCs want them for a quest.

Divaith's 637th key opens the cabinet across the "hall" from Divaith's study. Inside is the "Curiass of the Saviors' Hide".
There is no door to the "hall" across from Divalyth's study, so i find it impossible that the 637th key opens it. The Cuirass of the Savior's Hide is in the chamber (without a door) to the right of Divalyth's study, in a lvl. 100 wardrobe. No key.

The 637th key actually opens a Dwemer chest in the right passage of the Corprusarium, containing the 678th key and a Dwemer goblet.

The key to Gimothran Master burial opens the lvl. 50 locked door to the master burial vault in the Gimothran Ancestral Tomb. The Orc Koffutto Gilgar inside holds the potent Staff of Hasedoki.

I would not worry too much, no lock in morrowind is unpickable, IF you have enough skill of course. Keys are just there to make your life easier and take up room in your inventory, the only time that keys are essential is when NPCs want them for a quest.

Not always because I have run into a lock where you HAVE to have a key, because it can ONLY be opened with that key. However, I can take that off in the CS, but I ddont because I like a challenge every once in a while.

The desk in the upper level of the Fort Frostmoth Armory. Of course, it could also be a great deal of mods, since the most basic script to do such a thing only takes five lines of code.

...And I take offense to someone's saying that there is nothing of value outside Fyr's study. All shall cower when faced with the might of the powerful...

...Er...

Volendrung!

Archived