⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Have you considered using is3DLoaded and a boolean together in a little function that uses a while loop to wait until the object returns true, then moving?

Could TryToEnable the landing point reference instead... Or, add properties to the script that implicitly declare those landing points. You don't have to do anything with them, you just have to have a property with the objectreference in it.

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Persistence_(Papyrus)

I finally decompiled scripts from Start Me Up (mod author suggested I look at them) & immediately know what I did wrong. GetFormFromFile must be called AT time of MoveTo. Not saved in a variable or ref alias beforehand, & not using Game.FastTravel.

Not home to test if this will load DLC locations, and I may still adopt XYZ system, but at least the project is no longer stalled.

I think you are right. Start Me Up combines GetFormFromFile and MoveTo in one line, then uses SetPosition, then SetAngle.

All of SMU's destinations appear to be in the Commonwealth (GFFF Fallout4.esm) so I don't know yet whether a DLC teleport will require any special handling. I was using Game.FastTravel to trigger loading screens. I will try to post a testing update in 12 hours or so.

Have you considered using is3DLoaded and a boolean together in a little function that uses a while loop to wait until the object returns true, then moving?

ÃÂ

Could TryToEnable the landing point reference instead... Or, add properties to the script that implicitly declare those landing points. You don't have to do anything with them, you just have to have a property with the objectreference in it.

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Persistence_(Papyrus)

I actually did try while loops in desperation (back when the erraticness started), the kind I would never publish without adding a failsafe to break out of it. Because the original error involved failing to load the target, the loop ran forever as expected. Good points about TryToEnable and persistence. Although I keep learning the hard way that Papyrus doesn't like to be forced to do anything. It's a picky, stubborn mule that only moves when it feels like it.

MoveTo combined with GetFormFromFile did NOT load DLC destinations *from the Commonwealth*, despite switching to hex/dec conversion instead of hot swapping refquests. DLC targets loaded only when player was in that worldspace, close to that destination (which negates the need/use of teleporting).

For now, I removed DLC targets from the pool of Hitchhiker's random destinations. If player has DLC, those destinations will still show up as menu options that can be selected, but won't work unless nearby.

Scripts: HH_MapScript, HH_QuestScript

More commentary on Twitter thread if interested. I'm pretty tired of attacking this issue from every angle. The only potential solution I see is to CenterOnCell, but that won't work on XBone (since Debug Scripts are stripped from mod).

My plan is to note the limitations of DLC teleports in the mod description and drive on.

Pictured: Teleport to Doc Phosphate's Saloon *from within Nuka-World worldspace*

DSGrAeaWsAAw8QP.jpg