just a red dot.

dtzone46

If anyone has, or knows where to get a simple red dot in the sniper scope (like the gauss rifle for example) without FOSE i would be so happy :) or a way to get the gauss rifle scope on any scoped gun. (sniper rifle, scoped .44 etc.)

I have never modded myself. I looked at Geck for 5 min's before deciding i wanted to play the game instead of taking weeks to figure that out.

Something so simple ( i think) yet all i find is complicated reticules that have 20 files to be put here and there and requires FOSE or 10 other mods.

Just a simple replacer for the vanilla reticule would be ideal. I like to run as few mods as possible to keep things simple and avoid the issues i have been having.

Thanks for looking:)

I don't know of any scope mod that requires FOSE (I could be wrong). If you want the scope from any one gun added to a new one, just open FO3Edit with Fallout3.esm active. Find the weapon you want to have a scope in the "Weapons" section and copy as override into a new file. Then find the weapon you know has the scope you want. Copy the scope info (mesh location/name) from the scoped weapon and put it in the weapon you want to have that scope. Save and you're done.

I appreciate the response Gribbleshnibit8.

However....

I have tried the fo3edit program and have found it utterly useless as it will not let me *edit* anything, i can look all i want, but cant do anything.

My FO3 data files are unchecked as *read only* and as far as i can tell i am doing everything right. i have had nothing but problems with mods for FO3.... New vegas, Skyrim and Oblivion have modded well for me over the years and i generally know what i'm doing. i like to manually install mods for those games and have not had any problems until FO3 (GOTY Retail dvd)

This is probably a topic for another thread here. http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/617240-mods-just-dont-work-for-fo3/

Again, thanks for the advice, I'll continue to play vanilla and look into the problem.