Any way to remove the sounds from empty 5mm casings?

bobosuda

I never really used the minigun much so I never noticed it; but I recently changed one of the weapon mods I have from 5.56 to 5mm simply because I had so many with the same ammo type, and I noticed that after changing to 5mm the casings make a sound whenever they hit the ground after ejecting from the gun. They don't on other ammo types, and it's kind of annoying to me.

I have FO4Edit that I used to change the ammo type for the weapon mod, and I'm hoping there's something in there to just remove any sounds attached to 5mm ammo. Or alternatively a way to remove/replace the sound files themselves.

In theory, you should be able to remove it by creating an empty sound file, renaming it to match the 5mm casing sound file's name, and moving it into the according subfolders in your data folder. The game will then use the empty file instead of the archived one. You just need to figure out the file path inside the archive. There's a program you can use to open the .BSAs, but I forgot the name. Bethsoft Archive Extractor or something.