recommended requirements for ultra modded fo4

bajs11

so yeah, right now I am using the 4k high res texture pack by Valius, NMCs roads and Sanctuary bridge, 4k Power armor and of course one of the mods that adds/spawns more enemies. These are the mods that I believe to have the largest impact on the performance.

The really low res textures I keep seeing in my game especially some of the walls and interior details made me want to find some true 4K textures, other than the lame low res high res dlc.

Currently I have 230 plugins installed, most of them armor and outfit mods and I do experience stutters and the occasional weird texture bugs like character heads turn black or blurry textures. It got even worse while playing the Operation Wilkes Estate mod especially in areas with a lot of clutter. It stuttered every time I picked up an aluminum can.

So I am wondering what exactly is the recommended system requirements for running the game with true 4K textures and a lot of mods?

I thought my rig was more than enough for this game running at 1080p

i7 4790K 16gb gtx1080

Edited by bajs11

I don't think there is recommended specs so to speak. Your PC is more than enough. The thing is that every mod is basically offsetting the sort of seesaw that is steady performance that the game is designed around. You're adding unknowns or pushing things further than they were perhaps intended or planned for. You can use as much as you can get working in a way you are happy with or find ways to make work and that's about it. More power will help but it only buys you a little more space to fiddle. Under it all you still have the same game with the same structure. The mods we add can be the equivalent of dumping a pile of bricks in a single corner of a car and hoping it'll still handle the same, We can't change anything but the number of "bricks" sadly : /

The thing is most of the time I can barely hear the fan of the GPU (Asus 1080 rog strix) spinning which indicates that the game running at 1080p with all the mods doesn't even use all the available resources.

Back when I was playing Fallout NV and upgraded from Radeon HD 6750 1gb to GTX 970 I would experience a very noticeable improvement both in performance and stability.

I wonder the same will happen with this game when I upgrade again in a year or two

Yeah. I think that's the thing though, you're not taxing your PC really, just the base "architecture" of the game always gets to a point where things start falling apart a bit. I think it might be because Fallout 4 is more open than past games? 3 and Vegas had the city areas broken up or separated, 4 is virtually open other than the core parts like DC and Goodneighbour. I always find that I can get the game to run fine outside the city stably, but the more mods I add the city bits (even just being near it) get randomly messy.