Slow open world loading

Nerokira113

I was planning that very thing :tongue:

I haven't found the definite culprit, but I have narrowed it down to a likely suggestion. One is an 'all bugs fixed TOP 0.19 with all DLC-978-0-19Final' which was meant to fix bugs.... but texture files all overwrote it.

I also haven't reactivated a large number of texture mods and still have no bug showing itself after reactivating nearly every other mod I use and love:

Better Computer terminals - 4k or -2k

Black and Red Vaultsuit Full

Enhanced Blood Textures - EBT_Basic v101

Fallout 4 Realistic Lighting (May not be textures but still environmental)

High Res Texture Pack 2k Version

Optimized Vanilla Textures 1-10 Archive

Vivid Fallout - All in One

Shadow the Dark Husky Dogmeat texture

Maybe a few other mods I haven't put back on that could have caused it, but I would guess something with these are the likely suspects. (Not blaming any one mod either, could just be a bad mix) so if you get it, I'd start by flicking these off.

Edited by Nerokira113

I would love to, but sadly I only have a small SSD (mainly just for windows and smaller programs). While I figure I 'could' get Fallout onto it, it would be a huge hassle of making enough room for it. So could perhaps be another thing for someone else to try should they ever get the problem.

• 5 months later...

I'm having the same issue. I've had it since I first got Fallout 4, but it's been getting worse. Last night, when I was playing, I couldn't walk from Mystic Pines to the Corvega Plant without being stopped twice as the world slowly loaded in. If I sprint, I sometimes exceed the world and can fall through the architecture if it hasn't loaded in yet, and AI objects take the longest to load in, so I sometimes miss important encounters. I do have the game installed on a SSD.

I'm having the same issue. I've had it since I first got Fallout 4, but it's been getting worse. Last night, when I was playing, I couldn't walk from Mystic Pines to the Corvega Plant without being stopped twice as the world slowly loaded in. If I sprint, I sometimes exceed the world and can fall through the architecture if it hasn't loaded in yet, and AI objects take the longest to load in, so I sometimes miss important encounters. I do have the game installed on a SSD.

I suspect it has something to do with the amount of mods you have. I started by using only a few interior mods, outfit/armor mods and follower mods and it didn't lag that much whenever I enter a new area but now after gradually adding high res texture mods (not the crappy one made by Bethesda) and more enemy spawn mods it would lag for at least 2-5 seconds whenever I enter a new area and I consider my PC as fairly high end (gtx 1080 i7 16gb ram)