Converting Fallout 4 armors to Skyrim SE

soereide93

Hey. Been trying a couple of days to convert an armor mod from Fallout 4 into Skyrim SE for the purpose of own usage.

I have been able to sucessfully build a working bodyslide file (.nif) which is working ingame without having to add the actually .esp. I have yet to learn how to make an fallout 4 esp work in skyrim. Our rebuild an entirely new esp to add it into the world of skyrim. Don't quote me on that.

What i did was basicly just renaming the armor with another armor that is ingame. and then replaced it. But ingame, the textures doesnt show as intended. Ive been fiddling around in nifskope to try and make it work. but i cant figure it out.

Hopefully someone can tell me how to fix this.

Edited by soereide93

• 4 years later...

hi, did you find a way to convert FO4 armor to SSE?

My issue is different from yours.

I found it easy to create a new esp and create the armor in it. In very short, in CK, double click on a (as possibly) similar armor, edit it with the value you want for your armor. After clicking OK say yes to new entry to avoid overwritting the amor you modified.

Do the same in Armor addond, where you can also chose the texture. If your texture is not there, go to miscellaneous/ textures, and modify one there with new entry to avoid overwriting again,

Zip your saved esp with textures, meshes and bodyslide files in as for any mod and install it.

So far so good.

Once in game, i can find my armor from my esp with AddItemmenu. I can equip it and the textures are fine as well as the value (selling price, defense, weight etc), and the armor is there.

However:

-my body (slot 32) becomes invisible, eventhough i saved with reference in OutfitStudio and partitions number are correct. I can see face, hands, feet, and the armor on an invisible body.

-Morph are not built properly and the breasts are default size while it should not (eventhough i built it in bodyslide)

-the armor is not animated. when walking, i can see normally head and neck, hands, feet, moving. Armor stays still, not a single movement even with hips moving while walking etc.

Converting SSE to SSE i never had this issue. I can use Outfit Studio pretty decently. It must be due to FO4 conversion.

I exported the nif to OBJ from FO4 Outfit Studio, then imported the OBJ into SSE Outfit Studio.

If you could detail this process to ensure i did not make a mistake there?

thank you

EDIT: Ok nevermind, i managed to do it succesfully. I made a summary here https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/76626/?tab=description&topic_id=12137183

• 10 months later...

This is like realllly late of a reply, but does anyone know how to convert the helmet, boots, and gloves? They're separate pieces so I have no idea how to merge them into a single set. Also bodyslide doesn't have a conversion for helmets so I'm timid on doing so right away.