Trying to figure out if something is possible and how. Help me brainstorm?

NeshiraNamea

Hi! I'm trying to figure out if something I'd like to do is possible and how to go about it to ensure the best outcome. Since this community is much smarter than I and tends to know more about this stuff I thought I'd ask here and get some tips from you awesome modders and mod users. <3

So here's the dealio: I use a TON of NPC overhauls and replacers. I like the way some npcs look in some better than others and a lot of them overlap. Usually I just install them in a certain order and overwrite the way I want it to be. It works fine for me and I usually only have issues if I don't play and update for a long time. However, it DOES take up a TON of esp slots. So here's what I'm wanting to do:

Would it be possible to somehow put my NPC replacers together with the NPCs from each one that I want only into one esp file? I know I can merge them via the merge mods tool but that won't let me choose which NPC to use from each mod. Is it as simple as getting the right files from each mod for each NPC or deleting the extra NPCs I'm not using from each mod and merging them that way? If so which files do I need to keep or delete?

Once you get the hang of it, SSEedit is really easy to use. The place to start, I would say really, is pay attention to what different colors on the text means. That's how you find conflicts and can tell what mod overwrites another.

As for the edits you are wanting to make.... Load up all the mods you want to change and under "Form ID" just right click on the NPC you want to delete and select "remove" from the dropdown that pops up.

Edited by TheWilloughbian

Once you get the hang of it, SSEedit is really easy to use. The place to start, I would say really, is pay attention to what different colors on the text means. That's how you find conflicts and can tell what mod overwrites another.

As for the edits you are wanting to make.... Load up all the mods you want to change and under "Form ID" just right click on the NPC you want to delete and select "remove" from the dropdown that pops up.

Thanks! That helps immensely!!