Japanese Architecture

wolfokami

19 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No?

• Hell Yes
    • No

Edit:

When i started this mod i was too ambitious and wanted too much for right now Im only requesting a few tings be made as is follows:

-Cherry blossom texture for trees (replaces all generic trees with the exception of pine)

-Samurai armor

-Japanese+Chinese Races

Edited by wolfokami

honestly? I thought people would be in love with this Idea..why the negativity?

Well you put a negative response as a voting option, I think using the word "retarded" probably encourages people to vote you down :biggrin: Also it seems like a very specific mod, can't see a lot of mainstream interest being generated here. I like the idea btw, just saying it's a huge project and you won't get many people clammering to help out.

Well you put a negative response as a voting option, I think using the word "retarded" probably encourages people to vote you down :biggrin: Also it seems like a very specific mod, can't see a lot of mainstream interest being generated here. I like the idea btw, just saying it's a huge project and you won't get many people clammering to help out.

And, to be honest, there's not a lot of people who would want to actually take a nordic world....and transform it into feudal Japan. Heck, that shouldn't be called Skyrim anymore !

Yes, the idea is good, and yes I would love to see what some people could do with an idea such as yours. But let's be reasonnable, Skyrim is a game made with dragons, big guys with beards smashing everyone's face with hammers and axes, before drinking ans singing songs...

I'd add that total conversion mods are a LOT more work than they sound. There are literally gigabytes of just architecture and tree meshes and textures in there. And it's really a lot of work, especially when you want exotic armours and whatnot.

Additionally, re-voicing the whole game? Now that sounds like a LOT of work.

At any rate, most never get finished. So not much reason to get excited about one.

Edited by Moraelin

You're not going to want to hear this, but that'd be almost like remaking the game, a feat which took hundreds of full-time employees years to accomplish. My advice would be to pick the few most important things and start there. Maybe start with a single Japanese-themed city. Trust me, that'll be a lot of work on its own.

Also, 'Asianized'? Gack, I haven't heard a term as romanticized as that in a long time. There's a lot of space in Asia, and most of it had nothing to do with samurai or ninjas or any of that stuff. Maybe try a term like 'Japanized' or something.

Edited by Rennn

Thanks for the input, i suppose i could start off with the tree textures being cherry blossoms instead of green.

Also I can do the race conversion thing but i will need a little help, so if anyone can help make a Japanized+Chinezed race mod Id be happy

a lot of things like the voices were pure specualtion depending on who i could get to

Edit: Additionally i changed the main post to be more agreeable and the poll suggestions

Edited by wolfokami

And, to be honest, there's not a lot of people who would want to actually take a nordic world....and transform it into feudal Japan. Heck, that shouldn't be called Skyrim anymore !

Yes, the idea is good, and yes I would love to see what some people could do with an idea such as yours. But let's be reasonnable, Skyrim is a game made with dragons, big guys with beards smashing everyone's face with hammers and axes, before drinking ans singing songs...

uhmmm... all that you said is correct except... oh the irony!! " Skyrim is a game made with dragons"... man, get real!!! Dragons were made in Ancient Asian Mythology!!! And mostly Chinese and Japanese Mythology if I'm not mistaken!