[wip] plantigrade feet for beast races

Grimoa

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that was inspiring, budcat! Thanks a lot. To everyone else aswell, of course!

I love that comparison between mod authors and magicians. And it's so true!

I have no clue about 3ds max, but if your problem lies in adaptng the meshes to Skyrim I recommend my favourite tutorial:. It teached me pretty much all I know about the import and export process.

Tzontlimixtli, I'd love to see you turn a pauldron into a spider. You seem to be a magician aswell! I hope you will figure out what went wrong.

On the digitrade legs: I think to make them look resonable, new animations would be needed. I have no clue about animations. And anyways, there's already someone working on digitrade, search for "unique beast races".

Yup, clawnails. I was sort of stuck on the khajiit texture. Paint a bit, play test, don't be satisfied, back to Gimp... and so on. And I still prefer Blender to Gimp, so I had to do some meshes inbetween. Unfortunately the clawnails need textures too. :D

But last weekend I finally made some progress on the textures and will hopefully (hopefully!) get that done soonish.

Alright. Stupid weight painting... kept giving me broken ankle issues.

For the argonians everything looked ok after I copied the weights from the vanilla feet. But the khajiit had some big gpas between foot and leg when moving. So I had to manually edit the weights. I wonder why it worked for the argonians. Better double chech to make sure I have no gaps I just idn't find yet. That's somethng I need to fix before starting the shoes.

Oh yes, and the compression artifacts on the texture kept me upset for some time... Again I did the same as before but this time it just didn't work out right. Stupid cats.

But now it's done! Version 1.2

http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/yqpz2kqz/falmer.png

Ouch, >.< I should have checked for that before putting it in my game.

And while testing the falmer ... uhm shinguards (those are not really boots, rght?) I found the female khajiit textures stopped working for me. I had a texture file with a 513x513 resolution instead of 512x512. I replaced it and it's working again. I wonder when I swapped them and why everything worked when I tested. Cause I never touch the files after the final test (when I do the screenshots) and before I upload. >.<

Don't get overexited though, the falmer were easy, only swapping the feet in nifscope. The remaining boots will take longer!

And I'm afraid this mod will conflict with anything that uses an esp file to alter anything about the boots. More testing needed.