[wip] plantigrade feet for beast races

Grimoa

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I am a male and I demand sandals xD

Then you shall have them. But, alas, such a simple request yet so many questions. Should they replace the wedding boots? Or should I make a new item? Do the women want wedding boots? Oh, I could make a new item that's like reverse. Boots for the ladies, sandals for the gents. But what about the men and mer? Surely I will have to include support for those. Maybe I should make this a new mod. And the most daring queston: Why is there no smilie that scratches it's head?

Back to topic: Foolling around with the deadric boots. Quite frankly just cutting of the foot part and turning the boots into shinguards is a bit... uhm... unimaginative I think. Plus what's the use of heavy armor if you can still bump your toes. Ouch! So I tried something else. Let me know what you think!

I guess I will use shinguards for light armor. Or whenever I can't think of anything else.

http://i.cubeupload.com/yxS7G3.jpg

Edited by Grimoa

Should they replace the wedding boots?

Id say so, it seems to be the easiest way to do it. And most fair one.

But what about the men and mer?

Screw those!

Ouch! So I tried something else. Let me know what you think!

Looks simply amazing! But I can imagine it being very time consuming. But then again, why leave the top part open if you are covering the toes anyway? It might be impractical, but it still looks great.

Screw those!

Huh. If I'd say that a easily I wouldn't do beast race stuff.

But then again, why leave the top part open if you are covering the toes anyway?

True. I don't see the need to convert the boots to begin with. They would fit I could see that in Blender. And it would be the best armor-wise. But that's not what people want. They want a unique look to their beast race characters. And I can absolutely understand that. And let's face it: It's not the only impractical piece of armor out there. ;)

But I can imagine it being very time consuming.

True again. But it will hopefully keep me motivated. The stuff I have to do in Nifskope and the Construction Kit is repetitive enough. I want to have fun in Blender. Be creative and stuff.

Looks simply amazing! It might be impractical, but it still looks great.

Thanks! :happy:

Great progress !Though yeah,making them into shinguards is kind of not needed.But some would want to wear boots and see their feet.,and removing the shoe of the boot is the easyest way overall.Well....maybe you could just put three "toe guards" ,like you did with the daedric boots.Do that to each of boots,matching the texture of the boot to the added armor .though except the ebony you could make the base rounder.Of course ,that'd need more work and time,soo,yeah.

and the sandals ?Honestly,I'd prefer the other races to use the beast race's model,together with the foot just for the heck of it :P

By the way,how is the clawnail part going ?Don't know what are you working on them that a lot ; in the pic you showed us last month they looked quite allright.

Hrm,two posts from me in a row.Current status describes me-I am quite enthusiast xD

Edited by Danidragon

The clawnails are.... meh. It's tricky to position them correctly so that the nail from the hand texture doesn't show. I'm using the normal hands, not the ones with the sort-of claws that came with the game. (That would cause clipping with my clawnails.) And guess what third and first person hands are actually different!

Moreover I want to use the same meshes for another mod which makes the claws equippable for everyone (that was the purpose before I turned into a beast race modder ;) ). But if a Khajiit / Argonian then equips the equippable claws... urg I predict visual oddities.

And I can't make up my mind which slots to use. (I don't want the equippable claws to replace the hands. I want them to go in a new slot so they can be worn with bracers. But I do want the beast claws to replace the hands so they are atteched to all beast race NPCs.)

And I don't get round to testing cause I'm doing shoes. And scarfs for that matter, but that's another mod.

And I seem to be a fan. I must wonder what I keep cool. How much nonsense do I have to write till I get to choose my own title?

I really like what you did with your mod over the past 3 months (I think that how long ago you posted and started updating your mod) you are truly the man... or women for that matter. ;)

And one question, are you going to do some kind of texturing for the cover khajiit mod?

Edited by bobsayssup